Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA collar tab - help please

Any idea what rank or similar this is?
    The color should be for Westfalen, although the photo is not 100% accurate in color.

This comes from the Lamm factory find. So no doubt about the originality.
    Attached Files

Looks to be a 1933 version of a Standartenfuhrer but I believe it should have piping around it

Comment

Tab

Collar tab is guaranteed original rank tab from either SA Gruppe Westfalen or Ostland, but IMO, there's a good chance the gold device was added to a blank "SA-Mann" rank tab. The "caterpillar" style oak leaf is an early style, but I don't think this one is authentic. The last response was correct also - it should have gold twist-cord piping as well, to go with the oak leaf.

Comment

thanks both of you.

It's original, see picture for a part of the find. All from the Lamm Fahnen factory
        Attached Files

Comment

Tabs

Lots of neat stuff. Why were the collar tabs removed from the sample books?
          How are the ones in the books attached?

Comment

There were more than this but I could only buy the ones on the bottom row. These I don't think was in the books. Well the nsdap tabs and board have glue remnants the others not.

Comment

Tab

It's hard to find examples of early Standartenfuhrer tabs, but from the VERY small photo I could find, it appears similar to this one. Compared to later devices, it appears crudely shaped, but perhaps that's how they were made, and I may have been wrong. Regardless, it seems odd that it isn't piped, as per regulations. Nice haul you got there. The purple Dr.'s oval is rare.

Comment

Originally posted by sgstandard View Post
                It's hard to find examples of early Standartenfuhrer tabs, but from the VERY small photo I could find, it appears similar to this one. Compared to later devices, it appears crudely shaped, but perhaps that's how they were made, and I may have been wrong. Regardless, it seems odd that it isn't piped, as per regulations. Nice haul you got there. The purple Dr.'s oval is rare.
                The only photo I've ever seen of early Standartenfuhrer tabs ive seen is the picture in David Fullers book and the tabs have piping on it in the picture. Has the same style leaf though.

Comment

According to Fuller this oak leaf device was used during the kampfzeit up to early 1934, when an other model was introduced.
                  Its use is well documented in period images

Comment

see this one for example
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Barzini; 08-25-2015, 05:52 AM.

Comment

Can somebody please show a device for so-called "Zeugmeister"??
                      Since August 1931 (Verordnungsblatt der Obersten SA-Führung, nr. 3 from August 15, 1931. Nr.5: Abzeichen der Zeugmeister) such a person had to wear a "gezacktem goldenen Blatt" (notched/slightly pointed golden leaf).
                      Maybe this leaf is confused with a Standartenführer-form of leaf!! Just a thought....This 1931-type of device was abolished in about spring 1933.

According the order the patch should be piped (in gold), as also should be for Standartenführer.
                      Last edited by wilhelm Saris; 08-25-2015, 06:27 AM.

Comment

in the picture I posted, the fellow wearing this device is identified as Standartenführer

Comment

Originally posted by Barzini View Post
                          in the picture I posted, the fellow wearing this device is identified as Standartenführer
                          Yes, I know. I did ask about the form for the device for Zeugmeister. I am convinced the form is a look-a-like for the so-called
                          early Standartenführer-form.

Comment

A friend of mine, Laurens, gave me a hint about the first form leave for Standartenführer.
                            The type is a look-a-like version as adopted from the Deutsche Reichsbahn-organization. I did check it.
                            The oakleaf was there with the uniform-regulation from May 9, 1924. In the regulation this form oakleaf
                            was described as "gepresstes gelbmetallenes Eichenblatt" and was in use by the pay-groups VII, VIII, IX and X.

Thanks Laurens!

Comment

many thanks guys. Always great to learn something new.

These must be pretty rare, can't find anything similar for sale online.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X