Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Orts Level NSDAP Visor Cap

Hi Everybody,

I could buy this cap rather cheap because the inside is crap.
    The outside is beautiful. What should i do? He's asking 485$

Thanks

Steven

A response to your question depends on two other questions:

* Are you primarily a collector? If you are, then you will not be happy with this piece for very long. As a collector, I try to obtain artifacts in the best possible condition for the money invested, because I intend to keep the items I buy for quite a long time.

* Are you primarily a dealer? If you are, then IMO the price you have been offered is a bit high for leaving room to make a profit when you resell this cap. You will probably have to keep this piece on the shelf for a long while before someone will be interested in it enough to make you a counter offer, and there needs to be room to make a profit...if you are a dealer in militaria.

The outer shell seems to be OK, though there are some moth nips to be seen. The hardware looks good, and the RZM tag is intact. But the sweat band has really deteriorated and does not make for a good appearance...IMO, of course.

Br. James

Comment

Thanks for The reply James! I'm going to pass and save Some more to buy a better one

Comment

IMO, that is a good price for an unissued example (note the original tissue paper inside).
        I am not such a stickler on sweatbands, since the hat is not going to be displayed showing the interior.
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

I agree with stonemint, the exterior displays well --- I am too of the opinion that the sweatband isn't all that important. You get good value for the money here imo.

Good luck getting a response from that dealer though...he seems impossible to reach unless you pick up the phone, the worst out of any dealer I've ever tried communicating with. Also, removing/labeling items as sold is not aone of his strong suits so I wouldn't bank on it still being there... you never know of course. On the flip side he's got some nice woodwork items, often at very nice prices.

Comment

Indeed, i never got a response from him... Anyhow, i already bought something else, so case closed thanks guys for all your help!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X