1932 NSDAP Election Donation Token

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1932 NSDAP Election Donation Token

I'm aware that these tokens were given by the NSDAP to individuals who made donations to the party for the 1932 elections. Since the rim is "990" marked (which I believe is a silver content mark), I assume one had to make a fairly large donation in order to receive one of these tokens. Does anyone have any information regarding how large the donation had to be in order to receive one of these tokens?
    Also, any information on the value of this token in today's market would be appreciated. As you can seem, the token has a gold wash or plating over the silver base. Thanks in advance for any help.
    Attached Files

Reverse:
    Attached Files

Comment

"990" mark on the rim:
      Attached Files

Comment

I have one without the rim marking. I wonder if these were given out quite frequently to ordinary supporters who donated to the party?

Jim

Comment

Jim, thanks for your comment. I did not realize there was a version without the rim marking. As a guess, perhaps non-silver for smaller donations and the silver version for larger donations? I'm guessing that these are fairly scare (both with and without rim marking) since the one I just acquired is the only one I've seen in 35 years of collecting.
          Fred

Comment

Fred,

Here are photos of my donation coin

Jim
            Attached Files

Comment

Jim, thanks for posting the photos of yours. It may just be the lighting but yours appears to have a bronze finish. I'm convinced mine has a gold finish. I can't help but wonder if there is also version with a silver finish (pure speculation of course).
              Perhaps different grades of the token for different donation levels? Do you feel yours does have a bronze finish? Please let me know. Thanks, Fred

Comment

Hi Fred,

yes it is a bronze finish

Jim

Comment

Thanks Jim. Anyone else?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X