Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nazi door push plate, real or fake

Hi guys,
    Came across this and thought it was a nice piece, but i have no idea if its just a fantasy piece or its real, anyone care to shed some light on it? cheers!!!
    Attached Files

Hi

Hi

AH items are highly faked. Old items have received engravings and so.
    Not a great photo but think it's the case old item fake engraving.

The style of the ornament on the item is a style probably dating earlier than the
    1930s

BR
    Nicolai

Comment

It is a fantasy piece there are several threads on here about these cased and non cased push plates .... use the search function. Here is a link to one.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...h+plate&page=2

Comment

I did some research when I purchased mine and they are certainly fakes made (probably) in the UK back in the 1960s. The push plate itself of course is original and of German manufacture, but would originally have been plain. It took me a while to get a refund from the dealer concerned, his online web shop is now defunct. Even after grudgingly refunding my money he still insisted it was an original US veteran pick up and even provided me with an account of it's history since 1945. Since then I have seen 2 more, both housed in converted cutlery cases. Don't touch it, it's crap!

Comment

thanks for the brilliant information as usual guys, really appreciate it

Comment

I've seen these before and always wondered why a door push-plate...even one supposedly from the New Reichschancellery...would come with a custom-made, padded case?!?! Always seemed too far 'over the top' for me! It makes me wonder whether we'll soon see a curtain rod or a toilet seat bearing the letters "AH" and an eagle and swaz in a custom-made presentation case, too?!?!

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
              I've seen these before and always wondered why a door push-plate...even one supposedly from the New Reichschancellery...would come with a custom-made, padded case?!?! Always seemed too far 'over the top' for me! It makes me wonder whether we'll soon see a curtain rod or a toilet seat bearing the letters "AH" and an eagle and swaz in a custom-made presentation case, too?!?!

Br. James
              I personally have not seen one without a case. They are all converted cutlery cases that would originally have held a carving knife and fork or a fish slice. The case my push plate came in was imitation crocodile and I have seen a purple velvet case and a red leatherette one. Also, there is often a paper item included, such as a genuine postcard photo of the interior of the Reichschancellery, or an unused official form or card of some sort.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X