First Gun Show In History?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Gun Show In History?

A photo from a very early gun show.....perhaps the first in history? Not much different than today - Except collar tabs were sold by weight. I think we may have a prospective buyer..................
    Attached Files

1st Gun Show

Wait.............better take a closer look.......there were fakers back then, even, I've heard.
    Attached Files

Comment

1st Gun Show

Last, but not least.........the little beauty from the UK. The poor, little waif arrived a bit worn and pip-less. Not to worry - a quick trip to the local "Pips Are Us" is just what the doctor ordered. I call her "Cinderella". PS: IMO, the pre 1938/1939 Sturmfuhrer rank tabs are the most aesthetically pleasing of all SA ranks.
      Attached Files

Comment

In the old day the infamous Johanes Flock used to sell original "stuff". This include bushels of EKII that he would weigh and sell by the weight!
        Strange but true
        Bob
        www.collectortocollectormilitaria.com

sigpic

Comment

Show

Cool!! - Back in the day, Sunny's Surplus in York, Pa. had a huge wooden barrel filled with WWII patches - all original. Those were the days when you went into a surplus store and came out with an original WWII web belt, canteen, and a bayonet. Nowadays, many surplus stores sell tennis socks and crap made in China.

Comment

When I was a kid there was a war surplus/gun/junk shop in Minneapolis that sold original every thing US surplus and a LOT of German vet bring back stuff. He had a shopping cart filled with Lugars & p-38's..."your choice" $25.00 ! First time I went there was in 1952...GREAT time to collect !!!!!!! Tom

Comment

Is that Charlie Snyder on the right?
              Erich
              Festina lente!

Comment

Photo

No, that's an old photo of CG in his younger years.

Comment

Originally posted by sgstandard View Post
                  No, that's an old photo of CG in his younger years.
                  It cant be, I though CG was shorter then that!!

Anyway nice tabs, I was tempted myself when Ewan first showed them to me. Nice score.

Comment

Tabs

You're right - what was I thinking?????
                    I cannibalized an SA tab I never liked that much to use the pips for the blue Sturmfuhrer tab - it looks better in person. I usually don't monkey around with tabs, but the Sturmfuhrer tab was definitely worth restoring. Of course, there's always the chance that the tab could have originally had gold pips - no way to know. Black tab is circa 1931/1932 from Gausturme Wurttemberg if my book is correct.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X