Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSDAP 15-Year LS Decoration

Hi guys,

Here is a NSDAP 15-Year Long Service Decoration that I won in a recent auction. The winning bid was only $240, so this was a super bargain IMO. What I like best about this, more than the medal itself, is that it came with a 230mm length of original ribbon. These days, the original ribbons are harder to find than the medals themselves. The medal shows some wear and age, but there is no enamel damage. The weight of this example is 40.1 grams. The suspension ring is unmarked.

Best regards,
    Tom
    Attached Files
    Mihi libertas necessest!

two more pics:
    Attached Files
    Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Congrats, Tom...and at a real STEAL price, too! A beauty!

Br. James

Comment

medal

A real looker Tom! These always looked great and your right about the ribbon!

PaulV

Comment

Of the three grades, I've always thought this one, with the deep blue color, looked the best and most aesthetically pleasing.
          Richard V

Comment

Thank you!

Thanks for the comments, Br. James, Paul, and Richard.

Best regards,
            Tom
            Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Originally posted by Richard View Post
              Of the three grades, I've always thought this one, with the deep blue color, looked the best and most aesthetically pleasing.
              Richard V
              Hi Richard,

I couldn't agree with you more. Prussian blue and silver look great together.

Best regards,
              Tom
              Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Hi Tom,

Excellent addition and what a great price!! Half of what they typically go for on dealer's websites, well done my friend! The extra long ribbon is icing on the cake, that alone is worth $240 IMO.

Any clue on the maker of these? I have several on file, but none have ever been found marked nor in marked cases that I am aware, so they are still a mystery as to who made them. One consistent feature with this one is the very nice, white frosting used, I have see several in minty condition and the finish is just super bright white. Yours still has a good amount on there and in combination with the blue enamel just looks wonderful. Congrats on a great pick-up.

Tom
                If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
                [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
                Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas Durante View Post
                  Any clue on the maker of these? I have several on file, but none have ever been found marked nor in marked cases that I am aware
                  I have a cased one, the case is marked M1/120 for Deumer. The case and cross came together from a house clearance in Meerane, Saxony according to the German WAF member who sold it to me.
                  Attached Files

Comment

A real bargain, congratulations !

I paid $430 for mine including postage and the ribbon if I remember correctly .... than again I feel it's worth every penny and more.

Ian

Comment

Hi Tom,
                      Very nice cross, matches mine exactly, this is my favorite maker of this medal due to the very distinctive lettering font and that lovely shade of blue, In my opinion, this maker made one of the highest quality examples of this medal.
                      I post the reverse of mine next to the reverse of yours to show those uniquely distinctive letters - except I had to pay more than double than you did for my example....
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you!

Thank you Tom D, John, Ian, and mloppkit for all of the additional comments.

Best regards,
                        Tom
                        Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas Durante View Post
                          Any clue on the maker of these? I have several on file, but none have ever been found marked nor in marked cases that I am aware, so they are still a mystery as to who made them.
                          Hi Tom,

Sorry, but I have no clue as to maker. I was hoping that you would have it all figured out by now.

Thank you for the comments and information.

Best regards,
                          Tom
                          Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Yanacek View Post
                            Sorry, but I have no clue as to maker. I was hoping that you would have it all figured out by now.
                            Working on it

Seigfried, can we see the medal that came in that Deumer-marked carton?

Thanks

Tom
                            If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
                            [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
                            Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Seigfried View Post
                              I have a cased one, the case is marked M1/120 for Deumer. The case and cross came together from a house clearance in Meerane, Saxony according to the German WAF member who sold it to me.
                              Hi John,

I don't think mine is a Deumer. If it was I would expect it to match the details, eagle, lettering, wreath, etc of a Deumer-made NSDAP 25-Year LS, which were almost always marked. I just see too many differences between the two.

If possible, though, I would very much like to see pictures of your NSDAP 15-Year LS Cross.

Thank you & best regards,
                              Tom
                              Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                              X