No announcement yet.

GPB low number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stephen's comment might well be correct -- Himmler may well have joined the NSDAP's original organization in April of 1920 and received Membership Number 925 at that time, and that is the key here. Just as Hitler's original number was 555 in September of 1919, Himmler's may have received 925 the following year...but none of that mattered when the NSDAP was nationally prohibited in 1924 following the Putsch Trial of 1923. And when the NSDAP was reconstituted in late February of 1925, Hitler took #1 for himself, as founder of the new organization and party, and everyone else had to apply for membership, even if they were members of the old DAP/NSDAP. And that was when Himmler received Membership Number 14303, which he held until 1945. The very first issue of the DAL confirms Himmler's NSDAP Membership Number as 14303.

Br. James

Comment

Heinrich HIMMLER or HOFFMANN ?

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
        Stephen's comment might well be correct -- Himmler may well have joined the NSDAP's original organization in April of 1920 and received Membership Number 925 at that time, and that is the key here. Just as Hitler's original number was 555 in September of 1919, Himmler's may have received 925 the following year...but none of that mattered when the NSDAP was nationally prohibited in 1924 following the Putsch Trial of 1923. And when the NSDAP was reconstituted in late February of 1925, Hitler took #1 for himself, as founder of the new organization and party, and everyone else had to apply for membership, even if they were members of the old DAP/NSDAP. And that was when Himmler received Membership Number 14303, which he held until 1945. The very first issue of the DAL confirms Himmler's NSDAP Membership Number as 14303.

Br. James
        Heinrich Hoffmann not Himmler.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the correction, Martin M., though my point is unchanged. In fact, Heinrich Hoffmann's final NSDAP Membership Number was 59.

There does seem to be a bit of confusion over Hoffmann's original, pre-1925 NSDAP Number, though such issues had no effect upon the number each member held following the 1925 revision since each person had to again apply for membership. In his essay entitled "Before Hitler Came: The DAP and the NSDAP 1919-1921" in the Fall 2011 issue of "Military Advisor," author and NSDAP historian Jeff Hanson mentions that Hoffmann’s DAP membership number was 925...[p.31]; and in Traudl Junge's "Until the Final Hour," by Traudl Junge, published in 2004 by Arcade Publishing, New York, we see the notation: “...[in] 1920 [Heinrich Hoffmann] joins the NSDAP, membership number 425...” Notes, p.202. Dyslexia is and was a long-standing editorial problem!

Br. James

Comment

The Alfred Rosenberg GPB.

These can be the GPB of Mr. Alfred Rosenberg...!
            #18 Correct?
            Gian.

Alfred 1.jpg

Alfred 2.jpg

Alfred £.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by jules61 View Post
              These can be the GPB of Mr. Alfred Rosenberg...!
              #18 Correct?
              Gian.
              Correct Alfred Rosenberg held NSDAP # 18. This badge is up for auction on Friday.

Comment

I saw this badge posted years ago and it's most impressive.

Comment

I agree, Erich, and I'll bet the final hammer price will be equally impressive!

Br. James

Comment

Could someone share with me which auction house this is for?
                    Thank you, guys.

Mil

Comment

Did this piece sell? Which auction was it at?

Thanks!
                      DMS

Comment

Originally posted by DMS View Post
                        Did this piece sell? Which auction was it at?

Thanks!
                        DMS

Fetched £3,200 plus the 25% fee.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Fish View Post
                          Fetched £3,200 plus the 25% fee.
                          Thanks Jon! I would have loved to of had it and for a good price as well!

Comment

Originally posted by DMS View Post
                            Thanks Jon! I would have loved to of had it and for a good price as well!

Bidding was strong and as multiple dealers were present I think you will see a lot of the items for sale in the near future.

Comment

I'm surprised that this unique piece went for as little as £3,200, which would be US$4,225.00. A Fuess-marked GPB in good condition and attributed to no one special would go for at least half of that amount, or more depending on who it was attributed to. But a piece held by such a noted character as Dr. Alfred Rosenberg -- Reichsleiter, Reichsminister, Head of the Party's Foreign Affairs Office and one of the Major Defendants at the primary Nuremberg Trials, to mention but a few of his NSDAP credentials -- should have brought much more, IMHO!

Which auction house offered this piece, Jon?

Br. James

Comment

Smaller uk provincial house.
                                Last edited by Jon Fish; 03-25-2019, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X