GPB low number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GPB low number

Friends, what is possible to say about the owner and his estimated period of entry into the party ?

The recipient would have joined the party in 1925. A nice badge!

Comment

Party pin

Fabulous!!

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
        The recipient would have joined the party in 1925. A nice badge!
        I had a GPB that I sold recently with a number up in the 18000s but this man also joined in 1925 --- is there really any way of knowing from just the size of the number without doing the research?

Comment

Originally posted by slados28 View Post
          I had a GPB that I sold recently with a number up in the 18000s but this man also joined in 1925 --- is there really any way of knowing from just the size of the number without doing the research?
          Interesting question.
          For example R. Hess joined the NSDAP on 1 July 1920 , his number was 16. Alfred Rosenberg joined the party on 1920 too and his number was 625 .
          Last edited by AVRORA; 04-18-2015, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Yeah, exactly --- I'll defer to the experts but I was under the impression that there was really no way of knowing as low numbers were also seemingly awarded to later members by request/due to connections etc... that was my understanding anyway. Either way, nice GPB with a very low number --- I like the period replaced attachment

Comment

[QUOTE=AVRORA;6895981]Interesting question.
              For example R. Hess joined the NSDAP on 1 July 1920 , his number was 16. Alfred Rosenberg joined the party on 1920 too and his number was 625 .[/QUOTE

Forget about the membership numbers before 1925. The GPBs were issued to those who joined the party after it was reformed in 1925.

Comment

[QUOTE=ErichS;6896145]
                Originally posted by AVRORA View Post
                Interesting question.
                For example R. Hess joined the NSDAP on 1 July 1920 , his number was 16. Alfred Rosenberg joined the party on 1920 too and his number was 625 .[/QUOTE

Forget about the membership numbers before 1925. The GPBs were issued to those who joined the party after it was reformed in 1925.
                Thanks for the clarification.
                I have thought that after the re-registration in 1925, the party members had kept their old numbers. Is it not right ?
                Last edited by AVRORA; 04-18-2015, 03:19 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=AVRORA;6896224]

Thanks for the clarification.
                  I have thought that after the re-registration in 1925, the old party members had kept their old numbers. Is it not right ?
                  No, all new numbers were issued staring in 1925.

Comment

[QUOTE=ErichS;6896234]

No, all new numbers were issued staring in 1925.
                    You want to say that the former party number before 1923 was not considered ? In this case, what were the criterias for assigning a new number?

Comment

[QUOTE=AVRORA;6896258]

You want to say that the former party number before 1923 was not considered ? In this case, what were the criterias for assigning a new number?
                      The party started over in 1925 and one to apply for new membership. The old membership numbers no longer existed because the old party from 1919-1923 was disbanded.

Comment

Hitler also insisted on revoking all party numbers for re-issue in 1925 with the re-founding of the party to assert his dominance. That is when he gave himself party number 1 to replace his old number 555 and issued low numbers to his closest supporters.

The NSDAP had already exceeded membership number 100,000 by December, 1928, although the number of members was only around 55,000 as many had joined and left in the interim. Numbers were not generally recycled, although some applied later to have their old numbers reinstated after leaving in order to qualify for the GPB.

Comment

[QUOTE=ErichS;6896394]

The party started over in 1925 and one to apply for new membership. The old membership numbers no longer existed because the old party from 1919-1923 was disbanded.
                          Thanks for this clarification.

Comment

Originally posted by sjl View Post
                            Hitler also insisted on revoking all party numbers for re-issue in 1925 with the re-founding of the party to assert his dominance. That is when he gave himself party number 1 to replace his old number 555 and issued low numbers to his closest supporters.
                            [/SIZE][/FONT]
                            In this case, for example, if Rosenberg had number 625, the unknown owner of the number 464 was Hitler's close supporter too ,one of the membership from the "old party"....Is it possible ?

Comment

Not necessarily. The NSDAP had a variety of people who joined on the re-founding. No. 464 (post 1925 numbering) was probably a Hitler fan, but not necessarily close. It had a lot of ordinary people as members. One of the things about researching Gold Party Badge numbers is you more often find the holders to be teachers and plumbers than Party bigwigs.

There was no number 464 pre-1925. The DAP (later NSDAP) started membership numbers at 500 to look bigger. I have a pre-Putsch list and it shows no numbers under 500. Hitler joined the DAP as member 555.

By the way, Rosenberg took NSDAP number 18 in the "new" NSDAP in 1925. The pre-Putsch DAP list shows him with No. 625 having joined in 1919.
                              Last edited by sjl; 04-19-2015, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X