Gold NSDAP pin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gold NSDAP pin

Looking at this one on the guild and wanted to get second opinions. Looks ok to me but this is not an area I have much experience in.

Thanks!

http://www.germanmilitaria.com/Polit...s/N009872.html

It's a good one.

Comment

I agree with Erich. Very nice condition, cloisonne appears to be completely intact. Pete has had this piece on his site for a while -- too bad it's not attributed, but given that situation, the price is lower than it would be otherwise!

Cheers,

Br. James

Comment

It's been sitting there for a looong time. Good for some bargaining.

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
          I agree with Erich. Very nice condition, cloisonne appears to be completely intact. Pete has had this piece on his site for a while -- too bad it's not attributed, but given that situation, the price is lower than it would be otherwise!

Cheers,

Br. James

Is there any data base in existence to attribute this number to a party member?

Comment

Several members here have their own lists. I checked this number on my list and found no attribution. If no one else here has this number listed, the only advice I can offer is for you to contact Robert McDivitt and/or Mike Constandy and ask one or both of them to do the research for you. Their efforts come at a modest price, but if successful, always worthwhile!

Cheers and best of luck,

Br. James

Comment

The misshapen issue number bothers me. What would cause that?

Comment

Friday afternoon production, the guy doing it was ready to leave for the weekend.

Comment

Lol, well... I don't see how that would equate to warped characters that are stamping into metal. Unless that's engraving? In which case it still doesn't make sense to me.

Comment

I've noticed this oddity, too; it seems to me that the numbers are not mis-shapen but they have been applied without the aid of whatever device was used to gauge the curve of the bottom of the planchet and thereby place each number in position along the gentle "U" of the curve.

Another oddity with this badge is that the pin plate has been mounted to the reverse upside-down. I don't recall seeing that situation often in the past, but the badge itself -- meaning the obverse -- appears to me to be genuine. It may be that this plate has been re-mounted to the planchet by a local jeweler, who didn't notice that there is an "up" and a "down" to the direction of the badge!

Br. James

Comment

Yeah I was going to mention that too (pin mount upside down) - but the characters are more than misaligned, they are misshapen. One "6" shows a decidedly different bend than the other, and the "2" is scrolled.

I know there's going to be variants, it's the nature of mass production - but the warped nature of the characters here really has me curious. The back pin plate has me a bit suspicious too - the lettering on every Fuess GPB I've ever seen (including my own) has been set slightly off center favoring the left. This one seems dead on.

Comment

Really ?

Comment

After doing some overlays on the "6" it appears to be consistent - very odd optical illusion I see there, where one appears to slant more than the other. Probably due to the scrolled effect. So, I'm wrong there. Still seems an odd thing on a GPB - doesn't mean it's a fake or anything, I'm sure it isn't. But that and the pin mount reversal might explain why it's sat for so long.

Comment

GPB logo

Originally posted by JGoshenschmidt View Post
                            After doing some overlays on the "6" it appears to be consistent - very odd optical illusion I see there, where one appears to slant more than the other. Probably due to the scrolled effect. So, I'm wrong there. Still seems an odd thing on a GPB - doesn't mean it's a fake or anything, I'm sure it isn't. But that and the pin mount reversal might explain why it's sat for so long.

Just a query...nothing is of concern with the obverse as mentioned...is the fact that the Jos Fuess logo is perfectly centered a reason for its lengthy listing at the Guild, which has always been said that a distinguishing factor in genuine ones is the name was offset stamped on the disc..?

Comment

A centered MM is the exception, but is being encountered on originals. As stated above, price is the most likely reason is has not sold yet.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X