3 pins for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 pins for review

Guys , I believe there all good, I just want to make sure and I did check out the search area to make sure, just like to double check, hope this is ok,

Thanks
    Greg
    Attached Files

pic#2
    Attached Files

Comment

last one HJ pin
      Attached Files

Comment

Going to head these over to E-stand soon

Comment

Like I have already relayed to realone I'm confident that the Hoffstatter is a reproduction --- no replies here, maybe this will get a discussion going.

Not familiar with HJ badges but the M1/34 by Wurster (party badge) is surely an absolutely good original --- even though M1/34 badges are plentiful this one at least sports the more attractive/interesting obverse.

Comment

I agree: the Hoffstätter is wrong.

Regards, Wim
            Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Thanks Guys,,

I will pull it from e-stand

Greg

Comment

Originally posted by slados28 View Post
                Like I have already relayed to realone I'm confident that the Hoffstatter is a reproduction --- no replies here, maybe this will get a discussion going.

Not familiar with HJ badges but the M1/34 by Wurster (party badge) is surely an absolutely good original --- even though M1/34 badges are plentiful this one at least sports the more attractive/interesting obverse.
                I for one would be interested in learning more about why you are confident that the Hoffstatter is a repro. Because other than the apparent and shoddy repair work on the pin, this badge looks ok to me. Could you please elaborate further? Also, can someone post a picture of an authentic Hoffstatter for comparison? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by EK Hunter View Post
                  I for one would be interested in learning more about why you are confident that the Hoffstatter is a repro. Because other than the apparent and shoddy repair work on the pin, this badge looks ok to me. Could you please elaborate further? Also, can someone post a picture of an authentic Hoffstatter for comparison? Thanks.
                  This paticular pin is researched as fake in the Book "The Party Badge". The fat, very uniform frontal lettering is one of the red flags.

Regards, Wim
                  Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Originally posted by Wim Vangossum View Post
                    This paticular pin is researched as fake in the Book "The Party Badge". The fat, very uniform frontal lettering is one of the red flags.

Regards, Wim
                    Interesting. However another book, N.S.D.A.P. Enamel by Michael Tucker, includes this very badge as an authentic example in the early years section. So which book is correct??

Best,

Alex

Comment

Deustchland Erwache repros using the same obverse die are also found sporting a poorly executed Ferdinand Wagner logo to the reverse. The fat very machine like perfectly executed font is also a slight red flag when observed along with all the bigger issues. It was also taken apart and properly dissected and it was found that the planchet itself sported several highly suspect modernly machined traits/traits out of the ordinary for a period badge. Patina was also examined under magnification and found lacking compared to what you'd expect from period examples.

All of his and much more on this type of reproduction can be found, as previously stated, in The Party Badge book. I wouldn't bother with the other book, too many fakes in there --- properly outdated, at least when it comes to party/slogan enamels.

Also, besides all the issues mentioned, you get an eye after a while for the period look of slogan/party badge and intuitively it simply does not "feel" good either --- as far as I know there's no known examples of Hoffstätter Erwache badges. If there are, at least this is not one of them --- thoroughly debunked.

To sum it up; Tucker is wrong, Rivett is right.

Comment

Originally posted by realone View Post
                        Thanks Guys,,

I will pull it from e-stand

Greg
                        Again --- thumbs up to you, Greg!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X