Opinions Needed - Pole Top with Eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions Needed - Pole Top with Eagle

I saw this at a show today and wanted to post it to ensure that it is original or a reproduction. No maker mark, and the black paint is creeping up onto the metal on parts, which are both a concern. I don't want to be fooled again...opinions welcome.
    Attached Files

Reverse

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Repaint

Looks like the swaz has definitely been repainted- I have one and the original paint was carefully applied-Not touching the outer oak leaves - However , a repaint is not a deal killer- What concerns me most is the detail in the upper wing markings-There should be more distinct layered lines in the upper wings- In my example there are three distinct curved lines in the upper most inside feathering. this example- has none- I would pass!

Comment

Hi Kindog11, I agree with wiki, The details should be really sharp, both the eagles body & wings & wreath should show a high level of detail. Compare the one that you show to this nice original example- note the clear sharp details on the eagles claws and even the dimples on the acorn caps:
              Attached Files

Comment

I would agree with Mike.

I am looking for one of these but with a Gahr marking (not RZM16). Anyone has one?

Mil

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X