Party pins, rzm m1/90 & transitional...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Party pins, rzm m1/90 & transitional...

Hello folks. In going through a few Riker cases here, I culled out a few NSDAP badges for your assessment. The first, I find interesting in that it appears to be a sort of "transitional" piece (carrying both Ges. Gesch. AND an RZM marking...what's also kind of neat, is that apparently, back in the day, the original wearer opted to have it modified into a stick-pin (I'd assume, going by the thin line of solder which cuts straight through the RZM mark..) The "pin" itself, is long gone however, probably having simply snapped off somewhere along the way. Also of note, is how much WIDER and DARKER the Swastika appears. The second one, is perhaps the first by this maker I've come across (at least in recent memory). It carries the maker code RZM M1/90. Both show some light abrasions to the enamel, and in my opinion, some honest wear time. A few pix below for your perusal...Thx for any feedback.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Milton; 03-12-2015, 03:18 PM.

Reverse markings....Note the thin line of solder on the "transitional" one....remnants, I assume, of having had a stickpin attached at some point.
    Attached Files

Comment

Pins

"M1/90" is mfgr. Apreck & Vrage, Leipzig in case you don't have codes. Nice pins!!

Comment

one is bad...

Comment

“one is bad”....How so....? Care to elaborate? Cryptic replies as such, don’t do anyone any good. Please DO elaborate to validate your opinion.

Comment

.....I thought as much. Anyway, the "transitional" one appears to have an RZM number below the logo which is obscured by the solder which also runs through the "RZM" logo itself..Although it's difficult to make out in the photo, it's quite evident in person. Additionally, is the M1/90 maker considered a relatively common one? I can't seem to find many examples by this maker per-se.

Comment

[QUOTE=historyhunter18;6843462]one is bad...[/QU

Historyhunter, exactly why is "one bad?"

Which one?

Both look like originals to me.

Please advise.

Comment

Originally posted by Milton View Post
                .....I thought as much. Anyway, the "transitional" one appears to have an RZM number below the logo which is obscured by the solder which also runs through the "RZM" logo itself..Although it's difficult to make out in the photo, it's quite evident in person. Additionally, is the M1/90 maker considered a relatively common one? I can't seem to find many examples by this maker per-se.
                people lead busy lifes you see, not stuck at a computer viewing TR items on a forum, eating burgers , and farting all day

maybe if good pictures were used at the start then we wouldnt be here...

i saved the pictures and zoomed in.......

the badge should be marked 4 in the solder area if original.....

i originally thought milton says it was only ges gesch and RZM marked, this coupled with the ****e pictures leads to ****e answers you see.....

when i know it has another number (4) and see better pics then.....

Comment

Thanks for your reply HH. All that was desired, was just a bit of elaboration other than a rather cryptic “one is bad”...That doesn’t do much to further any conversation regarding the pedigree of the badges pictured. To your last point, and as I mentioned in the additional post, prior to your last comment, it does show a number beneath the solder line which goes through the RZM marking and down to the edge. This, I believe, obscures the number you’re referencing. Other than the markings, do you believe that the obverse details, hardware, etc, are SO close to the repro pieces that they would otherwise deceive, or was it based purely on the markings alone?...(oh, and honestly, I don’t think the pictures are THAT bad....)

Comment

I wouldn't thank him for a damn thing for his rude and obnoxious answer. It's none of his business what other members do with their time, and it's an attempt to elevate himself above others. The only farts he's smelling are his own, and he should apologize.

Comment

Hi Sg, thanks for your reply and I understand your sentiment, I just can't really be bothered to worry about it. Appreciate your feedback!
                      Last edited by Milton; 03-16-2015, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X