Hat Eagle Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hat Eagle Help

I recently acquired a bring back p38 with holster. The holster had this piece of GI "art" on it. Based on searching around this site I THINK it is a NSDAP political hat eagle from 1939. How far off am I?

Hopefully with your help I can figure out exactly what it is.

Thank you and I apologize if I am way off with my guess.

I guess I am way off on this. Where would this be better posted?

Comment

You're correct. A political cap eagle.

Mil

Comment

An unissued example.........

Attached Files
        RonR

Comment

Thank you for your help. The holster is part of a rig with capture papers that is named to a 78th Division 309th Infantry regiment.

Is there anything that this cap eagle can tell me to help my research? Where would someone that would have worn this been stationed or what would he have been doing?

I am sorry that I know nothing about hat eagles, I am just trying to research my pistol. If there is interest or need I can provide a link to more pictures of everything and all of the information I have.

Comment

The silver color of your eagle would indicate that it came from a SA kepi.

Comment

Unfortunately, from a research standpoint, the eagle won't help to identify an area or unit. As Bob has said, the silver eagles were worn by most of the SA; golden version by Political Leaders and Marine SA. Many GIs found German insignia in former shops and warehouses, so anything could be found anywhere at that time.
              Erich
              Festina lente!

Comment

Your cap eagle is from the 1939 uniform revision, so your example would not have been made before that time. There's no telling where it was worn because of the wide existence of the NSDAP and the SA throughout Germany.

Br. James

Comment

Thank you everyone for your help. I really appreciate it. I was hoping it could tip me off in some way. Who knows where he came across it though. I am taking new angles on my research, so hopefully something interesting comes out of it!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X