Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Das Braune Haus

Hi Gents !
    Does anyone know when the Braunes Haus had the entrance etc. rebuilt as shown in this picture ?
    Thanks for looking
    Cheers / Hakan
    Attached Files

Old entrance August 1935
    Attached Files

Comment

i would love to have that round sign that sits atop the building from pic #2!

Comment

I'll take the birds then
        Cheers / H
        Attached Files

Comment

....and I the Door

Comment

Anyone ?

Comment

The Braunes Haus opened 1 Januari 1931 and this postcard was stamped 5th of may 1933 so I guess it looked like the attached card since the opening then ?
              Cheers / Hakan
              Attached Files

Comment

The old entrance photo you state is 1935 but the bottom photo entrance states 1933? Are you sure the old entrance photo is from 1935? It looks earlier.. i know the NSDAP renovated the building in 1930 when they bought it..ill check my reference book today, Sean

Comment

1935 in pic two is obvious wrong, my bad
                  Thanks for the help Sean,
                  Cheers / Hakan

Comment

I have a photo in my book in 33 the new entrance..so id say they changed it at the 1931 renovation stage..i believe Troost designed it, Sean

Comment

Apparently the Brown House underwent a number of design modifications and evolved during the first few years after the NSDAP obtained it, similar to the way Haus Wachenfeld evolved to become the Berghof. I have long wondered what happened to the pair of bronze eagles flanking the entrance which were designed by Prof. Schmid-Ehmen, similar but prior to the eagle he would design for the Mahnmal. What an addition to ANY collection those would make!!

Br. James

Comment

I often pass the site of the Braun Haus in Munich and there is a new NS-Documentation Centre being built at its original location. It will be a wonderful place for us historians to visit. Opens 30 April 2015.

Here is the link:http://www.ns-dokumentationszentrum-muenchen.de/centre

Stan

Comment

Hi Stan,

MANY thanks for sharing this link! I had read that the vacant lot where the Brown House once stood was to become the home of the Munich Documentation Center, and I'm glad to see how far along it's come! When I made my one and only visit to Munich back in the late 1990s, all that was on this spot was a nice, well-maintained lawn...unlike the condition of the Feldherrnhalle or the foundations of the Temples of Honor, which were nearly garbage dumps!

When the Temples, the Führerbau and the NSDAP Administration Building were built on the Königsplatz, there was a tunnel system which connected the Brown House to all of those buildings, and that tunnel system was the final location of the Blood Banner...as I understand it. It would be great if that tunnel system could be resurrected as part of this new building complex, or at least a part of it...?!

Cheers, and thanks again,

Br. James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X