Enameled signs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enameled signs

I know people think I will never get rid of anything; however I have already done so. I sold most of my stuff when I quit actively collecting stuff between the late 70s and the mid 80s. There were 3 to 4 groups of buyers some with Ryder rental truck who bought truckloads and took North and West and also I took loads to the shows of the OVMS.......the shows over in KY across from Cincinnati......and sold the stuff. For example this is one of the things I sold to Russ Hamilton at the OVMS shows.

But to the point of the post, I brought back a bunch of enameled signs from Germany...some really nice ones in every good shape, but I sold them all when I "quit" all but two. Those two were to worst ones I had, because, as I have said on here before, I generally don't like "mint stuff" which just sat out the war in a storeroom somewhere and really wasn't a part of it. The first one, although you can't see it in the picture is the first thing you see straight ahead when you start down the steps to my "room". The other one is actually closer to you as you start down the steps to the room, because the room is like a bunker. It has close to 20 inch think masonry walls with re-bared walls set 6 inches into the concrete floor and running to the top of the walls every 6 inches, with bridge ties set at the top of every row of concrete blocks and it has a steel door and frame. It also has a dog right on the other side of it....and he has 6 others backing him up.

So I got rid of most of my stuff already and what I keep was the stuff that I wanted to retain for my "collection". It isn't the mint stuff, or the best stuff I had; but it is what I liked the most.

Here are the two signs I kept, sorry I can't show you the back.......they are fastened to the wall:

and the one you have to look to your left to see:

Ron

Nice pieces Ron!

We certainly see many that are worse than this.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Collector of French ww2-era insignia.

Comment

Originally posted by scotty1418 View Post
      Nice pieces Ron!

We certainly see many that are worse than this.
      Thank you Scotty, even though I quit actively collecting things I still like them; it is just that the fun is gone, since most of the vets around here are gone or can't really remember too well, talk very long or etc. and that was the real fun of collecting and also, since I now am now old and don't get around too well, I can't go after things like I used to do.

Ron

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X