Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cuff title "GAUBEFEHLSSTELLE KURHESSEN"

Hi Folks:

Years ago (1994)...I puchased a few cigar boxes full of German WWII insignia, buckles cuff titles and in there was this cuff title which I've never seen. I sold it in 1995 but I took some pictures of it....maybe someone can tell me if it is political NSDAP, SA, etc.??

The cufftitle was gold w/red trim....Bevo...

As far as having better pictures...I don't have any...this cuff title was sold in 1995 and I wanted to share pictures of the cuff title for "education/sharing" for all concerned. Maybe someone out there in the collecting world would know/recognize this...or saw one.

Of course...it's the title on the bottom.

Thanks,
    Attached Files

More pictures
    Attached Files

Comment

Last picture...maybe someone has seen one like this....

The back was like "checker-board" ...BeVo design.
      Attached Files

Comment

kur cuff

i don't know s--t from shinola about ct's but it's one of the more interesting pieces i've seen in a long while on this forum. never heard of it nor seen one before this. there is a reference to befehlsstellen in the SHAEF hand book. might be worth a look. i would call jeff clark's (or some other poli collector) attention to this.
        as far as i know it sure hasn't made the rounds as a known reproduction

Comment

This wasn't a "REPRODUCTION/FAKE"....this was a real cufftitle. When I listed the item in 1995 in the "old" "DER GUALEITER"...it sold right away....for a good price. I was going through my pictures and found it...so I elected to post it for educational/learning purposes. I still have the cigar boxes and many of the items from the vet. The cigar boxes have his name on them. I bought them when I lived in Massachusetts and went to an estate auction.

Again...this was not a REPRO....maybe someone on this site...has this cufftitle in his/her collection.

Comment

Hi: I found the cigar box which had his APO mailing address when he was in Europe and mailed back this cufftitle and other German militaria:

"2nd LT Francis J. Good, Div HQ, 75th Inf Div, APO 76"...and he sent the cigar box to his wife in Cambridge, Massachusetts

In the box were propaganda leaflets, "Stars & Stripes" newspaper "HITLER DEAD", etc..

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X