- is it a silver one?
    - is the pin original
    - whats the value.
    Thanks!
    The pictures :
    https://imageshack.com/i/pdZwsxMpj
    Greetings nathan

Hi Nathan,

Welcome among us! In response to your and your friend's questions, the badge pictured is a Bronze Grade of the SA Sport Badge, though from the one photo provided of the reverse of the piece, I can't tell which series this badge belongs to. (The wording on the back of the sword tells us which series a piece is from.) The pin does not appear to be original to the piece, though it was probably replaced with the standard military-style pin shown during the time of the Third Reich. As to value, that I cannot provide; I would suggest that you visit a number of militaria dealers' websites and compare what they are offering and at what prices. This piece is quite common and the badge's finish has almost completely worn away, so it is not considered to be a 'valuable' or 'rare' piece. And while I think the pin was replaced during the TR era -- as many similar pins were replaced due to regular wear -- that may also have a negative effect on this example's resale value.

Hope these thoughts are helpful to you and to your friend! Again, welcome among us, and I wish you Frohe Weihnachten!

Br. James

Comment

Hello
      Thanks for your reply!
      The photo of the back is providef in the link. You just have to search through the pictures.
      Thanks!
      Greetings nathan

Comment

Yes, I realize that the link includes a photo of the reverse of the badge, but in order to tell which series this piece belongs to, one has to see the wording on the reverse of the central sword motif -- which is only visible with the pin in the 'open' position, not in the 'closed' position as shown.

Br. James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X