Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA Eagle Pin

Hi there,

I recently sold a pin, the purchaser contacted me this morning and said that another forum rate it as a copy.

Please could you let me know your thoughts. It's the RZM stamped SA pin. Unfortunately as the pin is no longer in my pocession I cannot provide further detailed shots.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=774645

Clearly if it's a copy or if the purchaser is simply unhappy If he sends it back I will provide a refund.

Your help is really appreciated.

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve,

Get the purchaser to take crisp shots of the pin if he wants his money back. The photos are blurred and I can't ascertain the quality of the pin. Here it is:

Comment

How do i upload pics?

Comment

Click Reply, then in the text box menu, choose on the attachment icon (it looks like a black paper clip, next to the smiley face) and you select the file / image to upload.

Comment

Photos
          Attached Files

Comment

Photos from buyer
            Attached Files

Comment

I have to say that, from the pix I see here, I would not want this piece in my collection, either. I don't like the rough, unfinished look of the eagle's reverse, and I note that the RZM licensee's code number is completely missing, though the RZM logo is clearly present. The RZM came online over a period of several years: in their early days, all that appeared on RZM-licensed products was the manufacturer's license code number; to this was added the classification letter and number of the product group to which the product belonged; and lastly there came the logo which we recognize today. This stickpin -- and I believe it to be patterned after the NSDAP member's and supporter's stickpin, as there was no separate "SA eagle pin" -- makes me uncomfortable.

Br. James

Comment

Hi, from the better shots, the pin is indeed not genuine.

Mil

Comment

Not looking good I'm afraid Stevie.

Comment

Jon, Mil, Br James,

Many thanks for your input, really appreciated. I have issued an immediate refund to the buyer, hopefully he will be kind enough to return the item.

I purchased this pin along with others from this site a number of years ago. My bad for not checking.

Regards

Steve

Comment

Just tried to PM jokkmokk with a reply but his inbox is full - Gunnar please clear!

"Gunnar,

I have seen the comments to the thread and have made an immediate refund back to you from paypal. Please believe me when I say that I thought the pin was period original. I purchased it from this site along with others a number of years back.

Please could your return the pin to me. I will then sell as a copy on the estand.

Address is:

Steve Jackson
                      $$$$$
                      United Kingdom

Regards

Steve"

Comment

You've done us proud, Steve. Well done in handling this matter so professionally.

Mil

Comment

I agree! None of us is above the potential for an honest mistake, and your quick response in willingness to honor a commitment to a customer is to be commended.

Happy Christmas,

Br. James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X