Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA Tunic - Identification Help.

I would very much appreciate some assistance in identifying the
    unit / location for this SA tunic that I recently purchased out of a French collection.

13/16

It's from group Niedersachsen, SA Standarte 16 which had their hq in Lüneburg. Brigade number 60.
    Nice shirt! The armband looks like it's an SA Reserve type which doesn't go with the shirt, but it's easy to find the correct type (without the stripes).
    Erich
    Festina lente!

Comment

Originally posted by Erich B. View Post
      It's from group Niedersachsen, SA Standarte 16 which had their hq in Lüneburg. Brigade number 60.
      Nice shirt! The armband looks like it's an SA Reserve type which doesn't go with the shirt, but it's easy to find the correct type (without the stripes).
      Erich
      Many thanks for the quick reply Erich...

I very much appreciate all that information.

I will be on the lookout for the correct type of armband now, as well as a belt.

Comment

Shirt

Lovely shirt!!! The shoulderboard looks heavily moth-eaten, but don't be like many collectors who fret over such trivia. IMO, a "true" SA collector is never bothered by moths who only wanted a bite to eat, so they moseyed on over to the Accoutrement Café, where the two most popular items are their badge-cloth falafels and their wool felt casserole. A wonderful addition to your shirt would be one of those bitchin' Niedersachsen tinnies (2 crossed horse-heads on paddles.) NOTE: If you get such a tinnie, be sure it's dated between June 1933 and mid-1938, to match your shirt era, and also...........instead of poking a hole in the shirt pocket, just run the pin under the thick part of the chest pocket flap, if you don't want to poke any noticeable holes in the shirt. Best Regards

Comment

Thankyou for your wonderful suggestions, I am not sure if there has been any moth damage as I still don't have this shirt in hand.

I will start looking for one of these tinnies also. Anything that makes the display more interesting whilst being historically accurate I am all for...

Originally posted by sgstandard View Post
          Lovely shirt!!! The shoulderboard looks heavily moth-eaten, but don't be like many collectors who fret over such trivia. IMO, a "true" SA collector is never bothered by moths who only wanted a bite to eat, so they moseyed on over to the Accoutrement Café, where the two most popular items are their badge-cloth falafels and their wool felt casserole. A wonderful addition to your shirt would be one of those bitchin' Niedersachsen tinnies (2 crossed horse-heads on paddles.) NOTE: If you get such a tinnie, be sure it's dated between June 1933 and mid-1938, to match your shirt era, and also...........instead of poking a hole in the shirt pocket, just run the pin under the thick part of the chest pocket flap, if you don't want to poke any noticeable holes in the shirt. Best Regards

Comment

Shoulderboard

I was referring to the bottom of the shoulderboard - In the photo, it looks like some of the brown wool underlay is missing. This is very common, especially with wool felt. IMO, it doesn't detract from the uniform even a little bit. Nice yummy early shirt!!

Comment

Originally posted by sgstandard View Post
              I was referring to the bottom of the shoulderboard - In the photo, it looks like some of the brown wool underlay is missing. This is very common, especially with wool felt. IMO, it doesn't detract from the uniform even a little bit. Nice yummy early shirt!!
              I see what you mean now, and yes it does look like it has been a snack at some stage for moths....

Comment

Shirt

I almost EXPECT them to look that way - Very nice shirt !!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X