Clear All

AH original poster? Signed?

Hi,

Just find this poster.
    The hand isn't mine

What's this signature?

Thanks.
    Attached Files

Anything is possible but unlikely it's an original signature. It was unusual for AH to sign his autograph on anything but presentation photos. That said, there are exceptions.

Comment

It is not an original signature. These posters found their way into many businesses during the 3rd Reich period and all have the facsimile signature on the bottom. I the exact same poster that used to hang in my grandfathers bakery in Austria. You need to keep it against some type of rigid acid free backing as they are prone to chipping and tearing quite easily do the the thick grade of paper used. Don't ever try to roll it up.
      Richard V

Comment

Thanks a lot.

What's the price of this poster? I don't find it anywhere.

Comment

I don't often see this exact poster for sale. I would imagine it might bring $100-$200 if in good shape and substantially less in bad shape. Ones in good shape are much harder to find since attempting to fold or roll this caused the fragile cardboard like paper to easily crease and break.
          Richard V

Comment

How large is it ?

Comment

I believe this is the predecessor to the official 'imperial-style' Hoffmann portrait photograph of AH which included his facsimile signature and was used in countless offices, public buildings of all sorts, and military installations. This piece appears to have had its glass broken, and that should be corrected ASAP, otherwise further damage will occur to the photo.

Br. James

Comment

Dimensions should be a bit over 21 inches by 15 inches. The hand is really yours Francisque, admit it.
                Richard V

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X