Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reich chancellery porcelain plates

Hello

I have been trying to find some pictures of the kind of porcelain plates used at the Reich chancellery, with no luck, neither here in WAF nor in the web. Can someone show some photos please?

Period pictures are fine, but photos of authentic pieces of china in collections will be best.

Sal

Am I in the wrong forum..? If so, please reroute this thread.

Sal

Comment

I suppose there was porcelain plates at the RK...?

Comment

It is still an unsolved question to me - the Allach pieces upgraded via golden A.H. emblems are fakes and were definitely not in use.

Comment

I've seen heavy utilitarian mess-type plates that were marked 'Kanzlei des Führers' in plain black capital letters along the edge, but I assume those were for the employees' dining room or for military/political personnel who were stationed there or in town for business.
          Erich
          Festina lente!

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
            It is still an unsolved question to me - the Allach pieces upgraded via golden A.H. emblems are fakes and were definitely not in use.
            Thanks for your comments. I figured as much in regards to the Allach porcelain.
            There is one piece attributed to the RK in this website, but I it looks anticlimactic to me:

http://www.od43.com/RK_Plate_2_Pi.html
            Attached Files

Comment

This is also from the web. Poor resolution photos.

"RK Wellner/Villeroy & Boch cake platter which measures 14 /2” in diameter. White porcelain body is marked with the VB markings and logo. Silver plated top rim has the RK eagle and swastika. Wellner marked on side rim. This is a very scarce serving piece from the Reichschancellery in Berlin"
              Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Erich B. View Post
                  I've seen heavy utilitarian mess-type plates that were marked 'Kanzlei des Führers' in plain black capital letters along the edge, but I assume those were for the employees' dining room or for military/political personnel who were stationed there or in town for business.
                  Erich
                  Thank you Erich.

I suppose these are the ones you mean.? Your theory would explain a lot, like the lack of ornaments.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by S. von Folk View Post
                    Thanks for your comments. I figured as much in regards to the Allach porcelain.
                    There is one piece attributed to the RK in this website, but I it looks anticlimactic to me:

http://www.od43.com/RK_Plate_2_Pi.html
                    This is the text from the seller:

"This 240mm or 9-1/2 inch diameter dinner plate once belonged to the in-ventory of the Neue Reichskanzlei (New Reichschancellery), the impres-sive residence of the Chancellor of the German Third Reich, Adolf Hitler, built 1938 in record time in Voss-Strasse / Berlin by Albert Speer. There were two different sets of china used in the Reichschancellery: one official set with golden State Eagle and Hitlers initials AH that was used for state dinners and this set which was used on a daily basis. It was made by the well known Johann Seltmann company in Bavaria, Germany. The plate has no chips or cracks and will make a great addition to anyones collection of Third Reich, especially Adolf Hitler, memorabilia."

Comment

That is exactly the type of plate which has already been mentioned by Erich.

And yes - it is original.

But: It has nothing to do with the Reichskanzlei.

The "Kanzlei des Führers" and the Reichskanzlei are two different pairs of shoes - the "Kanzlei des Führers" was run by SS-Ogf. Philipp Bouhler and was a political organ managing - among some other similar institutions - the political business of Hitler as the head of the NSDAP while the Reichskanzlei under Otto Meissner was representing the state, the Reich.

But - as one other example - the official representative outfit of the interieur of both institutions and the rooms was under supervision of the Vereinigte Werkstätten München run by Gerdy Troost and Prof. Leonhard Gall.

Here is a table manufactured by the Vereinigte Werkstätten from the "Kanzlei des Führers" with the official property stamp.
                      Attached Files

Comment

The stamp bears the full title: Kanzlei des Führers der NSDAP.

It was located in the Tiergartenstrasse 4 in the center of Berlin.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                          That is exactly the type of plate which has already been mentioned by Erich.

And yes - it is original.

But: It has nothing to do with the Reichskanzlei.

The "Kanzlei des Führers" and the Reichskanzlei are two different pairs of shoes - the "Kanzlei des Führers" was run by SS-Ogf. Philipp Bouhler and was a political organ managing - among some other similar institutions - the political business of Hitler as the head of the NSDAP while the Reichskanzlei under Otto Meissner was representing the state, the Reich.

But - as one other example - the official representative outfit of the interieur of both institutions and the rooms was under supervision of the Vereinigte Werkstätten München run by Gerdy Troost and Prof. Leonhard Gall.

Here is a table manufactured by the Vereinigte Werkstätten from the "Kanzlei des Führers" with the official property stamp.
                          Really interesting piece of information.

Here is a picture from the Die Neue Reichskanzlei Book (www.warrelics.eu:) Not much details either. Do the plates look like plain white.?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Clearer photos and full view.
                            Attached Files
                            Ed. Anderson,Jr.
                            The film "Idiocracy" was originally released as a comedy. Now it has been re-released as a documentary.

Sarcasm is just one of my many talents!

Comment

Maker
                              Attached Files
                              Ed. Anderson,Jr.
                              The film "Idiocracy" was originally released as a comedy. Now it has been re-released as a documentary.

Sarcasm is just one of my many talents!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X