Sa tie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sa tie

I finally got one. ..took a while but well worth the wait. ..

RZM tag

Comment

Tie

Congratulations!! And I PREFER the solid-color SA tie over the striped or plaid ones Lovely shirt, too!!

Comment

Originally posted by sgstandard View Post
        Congratulations!! And I PREFER the solid-color SA tie over the striped or plaid ones Lovely shirt, too!!
        Can you post a picture of what you are referring too...

Comment

Very nice.

Comment

Striped Ties

I was just "horsing" around about the fancy ties...............no offense to Secretary of State Kerry, who by the way, served in Vietnam!
            In fairness, at least one of his Purple Hearts was earned. He hurt his wrist when he slammed his fist on the messhall table cause they ran out of eclairs.

Comment

Originally posted by yesthatsme View Post
              I finally got one. ..took a while but well worth the wait. ..

Couldn't agree more - I've also just tracked one down after a long wait and share your joy!! Mine looks almost identical to yours

Same material and same colour as shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by sgstandard View Post
                I was just "horsing" around about the fancy ties...............no offense to Secretary of State Kerry, who by the way, served in Vietnam!
                In fairness, at least one of his Purple Hearts was earned. He hurt his wrist when he slammed his fist on the messhall table cause they ran out of eclairs.
                Funny. ..no offense taken. ..I just wanted see other examples

Comment

SA Ties

Now for the million-dollar question: What kind of knot was used by the SA on the brownshirt tie? I tried a half-Windsor, to get the knot symmetrical, but the tie is so short and wide, the knot ends up gigantic? A full-Windsor would likely be just as big. So I opted for a four-in-hand knot. Not as symmetrical, but much smaller. In period photos, their khaki ties have a TINY knot, but they usually look like a Windsor??? How can that be???

Comment

Regulations stated the tie was supposed to be tied in a four-in-hand, believe it or not, so you're all set!
                    Erich
                    Festina lente!

Comment

Thanks!!! It doesn't get any better than actual regulations!! The irony: When I was in the Marine Corps, it was a struggle to the death to get us to keep our haircuts regulation, especially in Vietnam. Now, I'm 67, have a haircut that my gunny would envy, and fret over the correct necktie knot.

Comment

Here is mine - arrived last week. All taken with flash.
                        Attached Files

Comment

front
                          Attached Files

Comment

back
                            Attached Files

Comment

lining
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X