Bronze Nuernberg Eagle in E-Stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bronze Nuernberg Eagle in E-Stand

I not sure if this bronze eagle on e-stand is original?

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=762566

Let me know what you think? Jurgen
    Attached Files

It's not period correct.

Comment

There seem to be lots of indications that this is a cast reproduction.
      Richard V

Comment

Hi like I said, in the listing I am comfortable with the item as I have had it
        inspected by others if people here are not that's fine, please do not buy it.
        If the eagle dose not sell here I will have it at the SOS for closer inspection.

Thanks

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by TomPearson View Post
          If the eagle dose not sell here I will have it at the SOS for closer inspection.

Thanks

Tom
          Tom,

It's not fine, the problem is that it's in e stand and anyone can ask for opinions on it as that is the rule. your base metal is wrong and your cast is wrong, the piece should be a two piece hollow cast and it's not. On top of that it appears to be a poor cast and probably done off a mold, this would explain the off color and possible addition of the swastika which the photos do not allow a close look at. You can show it to anyone you like but it's not proper nor in line with period pieces in any way. So, you may be fine with it but it has a 600.00 price tag attached to it.

Comment

It looks like it was made recently to me.

Comment

Clearly it's a bad fake to me. It shows as already commented another partner, which was made in a mold everything together. : Thumbdown

Comment

Thanks

Tom
                TOM, I PERSONALLY feel you should pull this bad bird off e-stand ...just MPO ... EC

Comment

Originally posted by mrec27777 View Post
                  TOM, I PERSONALLY feel you should pull this bad bird off e-stand ...just MPO ... EC

Ok I have posted for it to be removed

Tom

Comment

Ok I have posted for it to be removed

Tom
                    Is the 12 inch measurement accurate?. It would be interesting if it were as that would mean there is an original steroid bird out there somewhere as these are generally 7 inches or so. If its actually a foot tall it should still bring 400.00 on a relist as a reproduction to an end user as it does have a relative cool factor.

Comment

Thank you all for your help! I much appreciate to know that it is a fake. We all dont know everything and this forum has proven to be worth a lot. I am glad Tom is pulling it off the e-stand. Thank you all very much for your input! Very much appreciated! Jurgen

Comment

Originally posted by J. Wraith View Post
                        Is the 12 inch measurement accurate?. It would be interesting if it were as that would mean there is an original steroid bird out there somewhere as these are generally 7 inches or so. If its actually a foot tall it should still bring 400.00 on a relist as a reproduction to an end user as it does have a relative cool factor.

I would not encourage the sale of reproductions for high prices...!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X