NSDAP 10 Year medal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSDAP 10 Year medal

Hello, Could I get some opinions on this 10 year medal.
    It is 42.26mm wide, 42.04 mm tall and 6.58mm thick at the thickest point.
    It does appear to have seams like it is made of 2 pieces.
    The measurements are very close to the one I have, not exact.
    The detailing does not look as good as the cased one I have and it comes with a reproduction ribbon, but that is not always mean it is a reproduction.
    any ones opinion will help.
    I thank all that respond in advanced.
    jack
    Attached Files

It really looks rough. Could be a casting.

Comment

Agree, but the scans might have something to do with the appearance--there is a distortion making the cross look like it's slightly vaulted and the plane of focus is very narrow.
      Erich
      Festina lente!

Comment

NSDAP medal

I am still on the fence, it measures almost exactly as my medal in my collection that I know is good. So I do not know what to do with it.
        jack

Comment

Obviously, if it´s a cast copy, the die have been done from a original, so the size must be almost identical to originals.
          Even when the finishing looks like a zinc bronzed original, looks under the word "Volk" or other several lacks all around the piece. IMHO this maybe a post war copy.
          If you have another one in your collection... let this one go.

Comment

medal

Originally posted by Gregorio Torres View Post
            Obviously, if it´s a cast copy, the die have been done from a original, so the size must be almost identical to originals.
            Even when the finishing looks like a zinc bronzed original, looks under the word "Volk" or other several lacks all around the piece. IMHO this maybe a post war copy.
            If you have another one in your collection... let this one go.
            Yes, I actually have 2 in my collection. I just bought a close friends collection who was a WWII veteran in the pacific theater. I was never going to keep it, but I was getting other opinions because I was going to sell it. I bought the entire collection to help his widow out, and I wanted the Japanese swords and other Japanese items. But I would rather toss this medal than sell it to some one else.
            My experience has been castings are always smaller, that is what is puzzling. Like I said in the beginning the ribbon is fake. This medal is too close to call, but I am going to call it a fake, no matter what.
            But certain things about it tell me it could be good with a fake ribbon, as I said I am not taking any chances so this is the end of the discussion. If anyone wants one to fill a hole until they get one I will give it away. Or just throw it away. It will not be the first time. I have seen them with a finish like this one too. The are not all nice bronze. And castings usually do not have seams like this one ?? IMO.
            Thanks to all for their opinions, I hope I did not break any ethics here.
            Jack

Comment

Jack, we maybe too strict sometimes , but I try to be sincere always.
              On the other hand your words and facts make you a complete gentleman.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X