S.A Standartenfuhrer set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S.A Standartenfuhrer set

Though I stopped collecting a lot of years ago every now and then I surf the web for S.A.-goodies and every time ( for years now) this set is on the page of the collectors Guild and I wonder.....WHY DOES THIS NOT SELL ??
    Does anyone here has a clue ?
    http://www.germanmilitaria.com/Polit...s/N022560.html

Yes, I've seen this SA set there for quite a long time. All I can offer is my own situation -- this set is simply too expensive for me to consider! I realize that other collectors are not necessarily in the same boat as I am, but that's for each of them to answer.

As for the set itself, I see nothing wrong with it.

Cheers,

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
      Yes, I've seen this SA set there for quite a long time. All I can offer is my own situation -- this set is simply too expensive for me to consider! I realize that other collectors are not necessarily in the same boat as I am, but that's for each of them to answer.

Cheers,

Br. James
      Ditto...down to cost

Comment

And this set has gone down in price quite a bit since it was originally posted for sale, quite an atractive uniform and equally atractive kepi.

Comment

Nice set and price is probably a major consideration. Another might be display space. Once you start getting into complete uniform sets, the numbers of collectors starts to drop. Many don't have that spare room just for the collection that all of us would love to have.
          Richard V

Comment

Maybe I'm to sceptic, but I simply don't trust it....
            Collar piping should be removed with two shoulderboards, or was it perimitted for a while?
            Have to check it tonight. Further, I'm always very sceptic with high officers tunics without long service stripes. The kepi s for the brownshirt, and goes not allong with the tunic.
            Kepi's of the heavy material are harder to find!

SA is a minefield... You can change a noboby in a general very easy!

Quiet a gamble for almost six grand. Absolute not for me....

Hans alte Kampfer when do they release you????

Best,
            Laurens

Comment

Originally posted by laurens View Post
              I'm always very sceptic with high officers tunics without long service stripes. Laurens
              Laurens is right about that. It is practically impossible a person with this rank would not have any long service stripe! And so, the price is much too high. Not even half would be justified!

Comment

Hello Hans! It's been a long time!
                The kepi appears to be postwar updated with currently available but incorrect Tresse (hardly ever seen in period photos or with documented kepis) and is hand stitched (not very neatly) as is the parallelogram under the Edelweiß. I don't like the sewing of the piping, either. By 1938-39 for a leader of this rank, I would expect the kepi rank insignia to be professionally sewn.
                The tunic has 2 boards with pink underlay? Could be a light carmine but in the images it looks like the underlay matches the tab color. Not a correct branch color for the SA. I've seen collar piping still in use with 2 boards for leaders at any rate, so that doesn't bother me.
                The trousers are the nicest part of the group IMO--at least the hardest to find item.
                I think it was a stripped or partially stripped tunic that's been rebadged to some extent. The kepi I believe to be an earlier piece with postwar upgrades.
                Erich
                Festina lente!

Comment

WOW...This have been quite an eye opener in terms of this set problems and what it means in the originality factor. Great and detailed points of concern, I speak in s personal way since I have been one of those that have been looking at this set-up for quite some time, but knowing the minefield that the SA regalia is...and to some point how hard is to find untouch/compleatly original uniforms, I to wondered why this highrank set was never sold. Thanks to Laurens, Erich B for their valued opinion...now More than ever I am glad never made up my mind to get this set.

I could be wrong, but I think this set was also at some point long ago offered at Grenadiers Military aantiques....or one very similar.

Comment

Outfot

The lack of long service stripes is bothersome to me as well. The same goes for 1931 SA-Treffen badges displayed on a shirt without a service chevron or long service stripes. The shoulderboard underlay looks "Red" on my computer, but is described as pink, which, as Erich points out, would be very odd. The parallelogram was sewn by someone with inexperience in sewing. Insignia are properly sewn in a fashion that pins down the edges, and at an angle.

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post

Cheers,

Br. James
                      I thought that I had seen you on the Boat! I'm right there with ya Brother James! All the best to you and to the rest of the sailors, Butch

Comment

Interesting thread and observations. I never cease to learn new things on this forum!
                        Richard V

Comment

Hi Butch,

Yep, that's me -- the one looking green and hanging over the railing...!

Cheers, my friend...and we're in good company!

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Federico Perez View Post
                            WOW...This have been quite an eye opener in terms of this set problems and what it means in the originality factor. Great and detailed points of concern, I speak in s personal way since I have been one of those that have been looking at this set-up for quite some time, but knowing the minefield that the SA regalia is...and to some point how hard is to find untouch/compleatly original uniforms, I to wondered why this highrank set was never sold. Thanks to Laurens, Erich B for their valued opinion...now More than ever I am glad never made up my mind to get this set.

I could be wrong, but I think this set was also at some point long ago offered at Grenadiers Military aantiques....or one very similar.
                            you say SA regalia is a minefrield? ...sorry, all WW2 regalia is a minefield ....or better yet ...all WW2 german items are a minefield ... EC

Comment

Originally posted by mrec27777 View Post
                              you say SA regalia is a minefrield? ...sorry, all WW2 regalia is a minefield ....or better yet ...all WW2 german items are a minefield ... EC
                              Some fields more than others, and in some of those the "mistakes" can be really costly and painful ...the SS been the most famous collecting area for this problem from headgear, uniforms, documents to just plain fantasy items.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X