HJ Flieger Tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HJ Flieger Tunic

Looking at this on espenlaub and wanted to see thoughts. Looks like a nice on but price is a bit high.

Thanks

Sean

http://www.aboutww2militaria.com/May2014/hj.html

Originally posted by grifflvc View Post
    Looking at this on espenlaub and wanted to see thoughts. Looks like a nice on but price is a bit high.

Thanks

Sean

http://www.aboutww2militaria.com/May2014/hj.html
    It looks okay. The triangle is machine sewn to the winterbluse. The garment itself is good for me, a regulation pattern winterbluse without question. The insignia combination is correct for Mürzzuschlag Südost/Steiermark, but who knows when it was put on the garment or by who. To me, most H.J. uniforms seen nowadays are "restored" to some extent, some better than others. The price is a little on the high side, but it's a growing trend. Asking silly money for H.J. items is the norm it seems lately. Finding an original "unrestored" H.J. uniform that has not been altered since it was worn will prove to be difficult IMO. Mostly found in long standing collections held by collectors that don't sell. One of the reasons I collected loose insignia when I was collecting was that unaltered uniforms are just so hard to find.

Comment

Originally posted by Darin S. View Post
      It looks okay. The triangle is machine sewn to the winterbluse. The garment itself is good for me, a regulation pattern winterbluse without question. The insignia combination is correct for Mürzzuschlag Südost/Steiermark, but who knows when it was put on the garment or by who. To me, most H.J. uniforms seen nowadays are "restored" to some extent, some better than others. The price is a little on the high side, but it's a growing trend. Asking silly money for H.J. items is the norm it seems lately. Finding an original "unrestored" H.J. uniform that has not been altered since it was worn will prove to be difficult IMO. Mostly found in long standing collections held by collectors that don't sell. One of the reasons I collected loose insignia when I was collecting was that unaltered uniforms are just so hard to find.
      Hi darin, thanks for the input. Would you say the armband looks ok and the edelweiss would be proper for this one?

Comment

IMO the insignia are original. The Edelweiss was required to be worn by Austrian H.J. units. Wim Saris made a very informative post regarding this at one time on the old "War Relics Forum" that is now defunct and lost forever. The armband appears to be a standard RZM example also.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X