Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA in original color slides from Ian

SA in original color slides from Ian

I would love to learn more about the color photo slides I have in my collection.
    Could anyone tell me a little about these two slides I scanned today.
    Thanks guys !
    Ian

These guys are Ploitical Leaders and not SA.

Comment

so would they be Gauleiters ?

what group were they associated with... I always thought SA... but maybe.. they were just local politicians with a political connection to Berlin ?

Thanks.
      Ian

Comment

The cap piping appears to be white and the armband would indicate the man is a Kreisleiter.

Comment

Hi Ian,

Two fine photos, though I can't tell whether both pix are of the same man, since the protection strip ("PIXTPAST.com") obscures half of the person's face in the upper photo. Both look similar.

The upper photo is of a Kreisleiter (an NSDAP Political Leader at the district or county level). He is wearing a mixture of uniform pieces, which was not uncommon during times of transition between uniform codes: his cap is of the 1939 issue style and his service tunic has been partially updated from the 1936 uniform style to that of the 1939 code -- while his white piping indicates the 1939 code, the collar patches themselves as well as the armband are of the 1936 code.

The lower photo is of a Gau Hauptdienstleiter and his armband denotes his position as Deputy Gauleiter. His whole kit is of the 1939 uniform code.

May I suggest that you add a copy of "Uniforms of the NSDAP" by our colleague, jeff Clark, to your library? This volume is fundamental in guiding one through the maze of uniform codes which Party Political Leaders went through. For example, on pgs. 35 and 37 you will find an example of the service tunic in your upper photo, and on following pages you will find examples of similar Gau-level uniforms of this rank and position.

Many thanks for sharing these fine photos with us, my friend!

Br. James

Comment

EYE SCAN INDICATES IT IS A POSITIVE ...same individual is shown in both slides ... EC

Comment

Either way no doubt these slides are a rarity. You have a wonderful collection.

Comment

I agree, it is rare to find color pix of Political leaders wearing Form 4 uniforms, and very rare to find color pix of the bullion oakleaf wreath in wear on the visor.

Ian, as always, thanks for posting, and fantastic finds.....
                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X