Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA Brownshirt on Estand

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=758119

A few things seem to stand out on this shirt..
    OberSturmfuhrer rank with lower rank shoulderboard..silver buttons with gilt pips and im not totally digging that single collar piping..it all appears quite new compared to the collar device piping...just my thoughts..Sean

Shirt

Agree - IMO, the collar piping is fake, the shoulderboard is likely fake, and the embroidery leads me to believe the tab may also be no good. Add that to the discrepancies already mentioned, and it's time to run far away from such a mish-mash.

Comment

shirt

Well,you guys have no clue or respected US militaria dealer selling fakes.

Comment

Originally posted by bohmen&mahren View Post
        Well,you guys have no clue or respected US militaria dealer selling fakes.
        No clue?

Comment

Feel free to discuss the shirt..who is the respected dealer?

Comment

I agree with the comments above regarding the shirt being put together with some questionable piping and insignia. IMO there are only a few dealers with knowledge of the SA rank/insignia system, so it wouldn't surprise me that a respected dealer would have a put together piece on his site. Unintentionally, of course.
            If it was purchased from a respected dealer, perhaps he would agree to refund the purchase price.
            Erich
            Festina lente!

Comment

Shirt

Agree - there was never any implication that the seller is knowingly selling a highly questionable shirt. Few dealers know SA regs. But the problem for the seller is that we KNOW what original piping looks like, and we also know that the collar piping, especially, is the most difficult part to find. Couple that, with the fact that the shirt has officer collar tabs, and an enlisted man's shoulderboard, plus the pips and the buttons don't match, as is regulation, and was already pointed out. Bottom line is that the shirt itself is authentic, but it's definitely a post-war assembly with mostly, if not all, fake parts.

Comment

dealer

OK,here is the site:

http://www.antiquesarmsandarmor.com/...n-shirt-dagger

Comment

Dealer describes it as a Bayerishe Ostmark shirt? With Silver buttons? Silver is for Hochland.
                  Leibstandarte was Hochland if memory serves me correct stationed in Munich.
                  Last edited by luftwaffe blue; 09-16-2014, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by luftwaffe blue View Post
                    Never heard of the site...also describes it as a Bayerishe Ostmark shirt? With Silver buttons? Silver is for Hochland!
                    I cant see if its an sturmhaupfuhrer or obersturmfuhrer with my old eyes

Comment

OK,still dont know if shirt is good or not?

Comment

Original shirt...wrong/fake shoulderboard..fake collar piping..wrong colour pips

Comment

Did someone else have same opinion?It is very importatnt to me.Thank you!

Comment

Shirt

WAF members such as Luftwaffe Blue, Mr. Benndorff, and others, are collectors with years of experience, and if they weren't sure of the originality of an item, they would say they weren't sure, or they wouldn't say anything at all. For everyone here to immediately agree that it's not an original ensemble, you can take it to the bank. Many dealers sell brownshirts or tunics that are post-war assembled with original parts, but in THIS case, it's assembled with highly questionable parts, and not even assembled correctly. If you go to another forum, a few dummies might say it's ok, but I guarantee you that if any of them are experienced, they'll tell you the same thing we're telling you.

Comment

I can only agree with all that has been said regarding this being a put together shirt with reproduction parts. There is no reason for me to rehash the points already made. It is bad and you should seek a refund.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X