No announcement yet.

POLITICAL SIDE CAP for REVIEW...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two other examples with the button and cocarde variants. Note the RZM tag numbers are four digits apart!
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Bob. Yes, I think these might be two of the ones I found while researching on line! Seems to be in line with mine, (heavier brown wool). Thanks for the additional information.

Comment

Yes, winter weight wool for the overseas cap..I would conjecture that this method of affixing the tag to the cap was particular to this manufacturer (3)

All caps of this type that I have seen/owned have either had oil cloth tags or ink stamping.

Very nice cap regardless!

Comment

Thank you! Appreciate your commenting.

Comment

Milton-
                I noticed your cap's RZM tag serial number is around 150 numbers off from the two I posted. Evidently, these were all made at the same time. This form of attaching a RZM tag to a political schiffen is typical for SA and NSKK models.

Comment

Interesting Bob. That DOES seem to be the case. Thanks again for your contributions to the thread.

Comment

I can't see anything wrong with the cap's manufacture or materials--at least what can be determined from the images here. The RZM label, though, I don't like at all. I've seen other items with a sewn cloth version of the paper label like this (HJ trumpet banners, sport clothing, kepis) but never a piece that I felt was original. Since it's machine sewn, it would have had to have been attached prior to the installation of the lining or by partially unstitching the lining, sewing it on, and then re-attaching the loosened edge. If the former, IMO it's a problem; if the latter, it's a question mark.
                    Erich
                    Festina lente!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X