POLITICAL SIDE CAP for REVIEW...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

POLITICAL SIDE CAP for REVIEW...

Here's another piece from the larger lot that yielded the Army Officer's M43 I just posted. This one "appears" to have an original Political roundel on the front. the political type eagle on the triangular field is hand sewn to the side of the cap and is done in silver wire. There are two brown air grommets, as well as a somewhat faded RZM tag to the interior (which did NOT photograph well I'm afraid). As with the Army M43, I'm not sold on this being a period cap, but does seem to have some indications of legitimate age and the seemingly original appearance of the roundel gives me slight pause....A few pix below. Thanks for any help!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Milton; 09-10-2014, 03:22 PM.

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

BTW, if this would be better served in the "political" forum, MOD, please feel free to move it. Thx.

Comment

Anyone??

Comment

A schiffen for a political leader at the Ortsgruppen level. I have seen these as pictued and also with a gold political button in lieu of the cocarde.

Comment

Thank you Bob. So are you of an opinion that it's a correct period piece in this configuration? Thank you again for commenting.

Comment

Upon researching further, I've found another example on line which seems to be the twin to this one, hence I'm leaning towards it being a legit example of a relatively scarce cap. If anyone can further vet this piece, I'd appreciate hearing from you. If more pix are needed, I'm glad to facilitate. Thank you.

Comment

Cap

I've never seen an RZM tag like this. It looks like a cloth version of an RZM paper tag, not the usual type.

Comment

It IS paper, however it's stitched to the lining of the cap, not simply adhered.

Comment

Anyone else care to comment on this cap? I feel that it's a likely a period example. Thank you.

Comment

very nice,need more details pics

Comment

would say period cap, but not regular made...
                          Attached Files
                          Straßburger / When in doubt do without...
                          - Looking for : SS TK «Oberbayern» flatwire CT.

Comment

below same cut for a "Ordensburgen" side cap
                            Attached Files
                            Straßburger / When in doubt do without...
                            - Looking for : SS TK «Oberbayern» flatwire CT.

Comment

Yes, Pascal, interesting. Same design, but seemingly different material. Yours appears to be more of a low-knapp material, whereas mine is, I believe, the more commonly seen woolen version (or is it perhaps, the other way around)?? The other examples I've seen on line appeared to be woolen, and in the same configuration as what I've posted. Thank you for the additional information and photos.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X