• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sa Franken items

A bit of what I have picked up this month ...please enjoy
    Attached Files

Nice tabs though the right one is missing its metal device

Comment

Sean, if you see or know of any for sale please keep me posted. ..

Comment

Weitze is selling one but at 85€ its more then the tab is worth

Comment

Originally posted by luftwaffe blue View Post
          Weitze is selling one but at 85€ its more then the tab is worth
          That's wishful thinking maybe someday. ...New kepi goes perfect with my shirt.

Comment

Nice finds! Franken is not one of the more commonly encountered groups for kepis or insignia, as I'm sure you know.
            Erich
            Festina lente!

Comment

Kepi

Where did the pictures go?

Comment

I used to own the 34/J2 tab.. it came out of the far North in Canada from a former member of the Nova Scotia Highlanders.

Sold it at the Max a few years back.. I believe Spencer at Victory Militaria had it last..

There is also 29/J2 and 31/J2 out there..

Comment

Tab Device

The Reiter collar tab device at Weitze's site appears to be silver colored, so it wouldn't be appropriate for Franken anyway. It LOOKS like there was a Reiter device on that tab, but are you sure it wasn't a Pioneer device? I have a Franken Motor-SA shirt, and the early NSKK crash helmet to match, or I'd be really jonesin' for a kepi like yours. Great score!!! How about some closeup pics of the kepi details? It's nice to see kepis with a cute, tiny baby eagle, before they grow up into bigger ones.

Comment

YTM,

Could you post a closeup of the Reiter tab?

I may have what you need..

Comment

Thanks guy's I'll post close ups when I get a minute... also very interesting how these tabs travel through different adventures: ) did I ever mention that I LOVE pre 39 sa tabs

Comment

Originally posted by sgstandard View Post
                        the reiter collar tab device at weitze's site appears to be silver colored, so it wouldn't be appropriate for franken anyway. It looks like there was a reiter device on that tab, but are you sure it wasn't a pioneer device? I have a franken motor-sa shirt, and the early nskk crash helmet to match, or i'd be really jonesin' for a kepi like yours. Great score!!! How about some closeup pics of the kepi details? It's nice to see kepis with a cute, tiny baby eagle, before they grow up into bigger ones.
                        its clearly gold

Comment

Reiter Device

Luftwaffe - I think you're seeing the base metal showing through, where the silver wore off. Unless that's a reflection, there appears to be some parts that are silver. Any others for input?

Comment

Franken Festival

More Franken sulphur...
                            Attached Files

Comment

Sulphur Yellow

The collar tabs are not faded-looking like the photo suggests...............they're brilliant sulphur yellow - there's nothing like natural German dyes
                              that were used, as evidenced by Luftwaffe Blue's beautiful green Standartenfuhrer tab that was posted earlier. Please ignore the ugly knot on the tie. If you try to tie it with 2 loops, and have it be symmetrical, it ends up too fat, and doesn't look like in period photos, where the knot is all skinny. I've re-tied it with one loop, and it looks much better.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by sgstandard; 09-03-2014, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X