Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big desk eagle - original?

Hello guys

I hope you can help me: Is this type of iron eagle a known original or a "known reproduction"?
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Don't think so.... Shoot the undercarriage and curious, but there is enough already I think.

Comment

This part looks very uneven. What do you guys think? Thank you Wraith but the photos are not mine.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by militaria.no View Post
          This part looks very uneven. What do you guys think? Thank you Wraith but the photos are not mine.
          The bird is going to be bad, the underside request is for a point of reference. The cast is bad and it is a known piece but its painted or something. Its off the base so the underside would show what its made of and how it was done.

Comment

The seller says Thomas T. Wittmann (Wittmann Antique Militaria) has approved this eagle as original

Comment

If that's true, then Tom Wttmann should be able to corroborate the seller's statement -- drop Tom a note via his website and ask him.

Br. James

Comment

The seller says Thomas T. Wittmann (Wittmann Antique Militaria) has approved this eagle as original
                No disrespect to Tom and he is a nice guy, but he should stick to daggers if he likes this bird. And!! He may be misquoted, I have seen that as well.

Comment

Originally posted by J. Wraith View Post
                  He may be misquoted, I have seen that as well.
                  Take a look here:

http://www.qxl.no/pris/samleobjekter.../an806185424/?

SELGER HER EN TUNG 100% ORIGINAL-NURNBERG NAZI ØRN.
                  Thomas T . Wittmann (Wittmann Antique Militaria) HAR GITT MEG BESKJED OM AT DENNE ER 100 % ORIGINAL.

=

FOR SALLE A HEAVY 100% ORIGINAL NURNBERG NAZI EAGLE.
                  Thomas T. Wittmann (Wittmann Antique Militaria) HAS GIVEN ME A MESSAGE THAT THIS IS 100% ORIGINAL.

Comment

Take a look here:

http://www.qxl.no/pris/samleobjekter.../an806185424/?

SELGER HER EN TUNG 100% ORIGINAL-NURNBERG NAZI ØRN.
                    Thomas T . Wittmann (Wittmann Antique Militaria) HAR GITT MEG BESKJED OM AT DENNE ER 100 % ORIGINAL.

=

FOR SALLE A HEAVY 100% ORIGINAL NURNBERG NAZI EAGLE.
                    Thomas T. Wittmann (Wittmann Antique Militaria) HAS GIVEN ME A MESSAGE THAT THIS IS 100% ORIGINAL.
                    O.k, I do not see Wittmann's words. Why don't you send him those photos via e-mail and cut and paste his response. Then mail the seller and request the underside photos of this bird. Here is the problem, Tom Wittmann has a manner of speech that is often open to interpretation and you have to listen to what he says or read it carefully and he is often misquoted in both his words and his written responses for opinions and often those words are not as stated by the sellers as people hear what they want to hear.

If your a player or buyer for this piece than the seller should have no qualms about shooting the underside of the bird and its off its base so makes it easy.

Comment

I have not placed a bid on this eagle but I have asked for a picture of the underside of the bird

Comment

The photo would settle it definitively.

Comment

It is a reproduction. Sellers / dealers cannot claim to know 100% of everything. Sometimes things still slip through. Have a look at previous examples on this forum and you will find that good desk eagles have details that differ of which some J. Wraith has pointed out. I feel that the design of the eagle looks different from textbook pieces.

Mil

Comment

Originally posted by Military View Post
                            It is a reproduction. Sellers / dealers cannot claim to know 100% of everything. Sometimes things still slip through. Have a look at previous examples on this forum and you will find that good desk eagles have details that differ of which some J. Wraith has pointed out. I feel that the design of the eagle looks different from textbook pieces.

Mil
                            You are absolutely correct.

Comment

This bird is a little more difficult than some others, it's got some issues but when you have late war birds with not so great casting that are original and the movement of period birds on to replacement bases, combined with fake birds being moved onto period bases it's starting to get to a point where at least some birds need a harder look. This one can be called I think as it sits as a bad bird, but would prefer to be 100% especially since Wittmann appears to like it, at least that is the sellers claim. There is a laundry list on this one but some of the issues can be had on originals and it would probably get by a lot of guys I think and even as a reproduction it's not seen often.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X