Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HJ-Schießauszeichnung. Meisterschütze.

Hi guys!

Prompt me please it is an original or copy?

Regards
    Sergey

At least it is one of the two known makers of this rare award. Don't dare to give an opinion on it's authenticity.

Regards, Wim
    Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Hj

Inconsistent wear between front and back as well as silver plating under the gilt points in the direction of refinished silver badge at best IMO.
      Not for me.

cheers

Matt
      Last edited by Matthew; 06-29-2014, 12:56 PM.

Comment

I agree with Matt that the wearing pattern is very odd on this one.

Regards, Wim
        Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Originally posted by Wim Vangossum View Post
          At least it is one of the two known makers of this rare award. Don't dare to give an opinion on it's authenticity.

Regards, Wim
          Hello Wim,
          Please tell me what the other accepted maker of this badge is ?
          Garry

Comment

Originally posted by Garry Nelson View Post
            Hello Wim,
            Please tell me what the other accepted maker of this badge is ?
            Garry
            M1/63- Steinhauer & Luck

cheers

Matt

Comment

just to be clear its is not known 100% how many makers of this badge there where, unless someone has evidence to support the fact there was only 2 ??

Comment

While it would be impossible to say categorically that no other companies made those badges, to date any original specimens that have surfaced- whether part of documented groups or from original recipients- were made by either M1/63 or M1/120.
                While some believe in 102's in gilt, I am yet to convince myself of originality of those I have seen and handled.
                Having said that I would be thrilled to see some close-ups of your badge Stuart.

cheers

Matt

Comment

hi matt, i agree with what you said but we cant say its only those 2 makers and close the book until evidence allows us to do it, all 102's and any other makers may be bad but we need to be sure before we condem them forever, will get pics taken of my badge and posted here looks nothing like a gilt finish on mine

Comment

I wouldn't even think of condemning any piece based on their manufacturer. As long as it conforms to materials and methods used in the production it definitely warrants further investigation.
                    Problem is, so far, any pieces supposedly made by any other manufacturers (or simply carrying their number on the verso) fall so far outside that circle being obvious reproductions that I can honestly say that to date only 63's and 120's are the ones I believe were made pre 1945. Not to say that any 63 or 120 must be by default an original badge- not at all.
                    Since no one has seen everything I will definitely keep an open mind..

cheers

Matt
                    Last edited by Matthew; 07-05-2014, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X