Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA early tunic

Named 1934 SA tunic.
    I'd post photos of this one some month ago. Here are beter quality one.
    I'm looking for original matching collar tab & shoulder board for complete the tunic.

Thanks for help.

JC
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Francisque,

A beautiful tunic in apparently near-mint condition...but not "early" in terms of SA uniform wear. Perhaps I was expecting too much when I opened your thread -- IMO, "early" would be a Kämpfzeit piece, perhaps even prior to the SA Traditions Brown Shirt...something that could be traced back to an event like the Battle of Coburg! This tunic was made in 1934, at the height of the SA's power, membership and prestige...which also brought on the events that led to 'the Night of Long Knives,' when the SA Chief of Staff had overstepped his limitations and the other Nazi leadership created an opportunity to remove him and those closest around him.

Again, an excellent example of the fully-developed SA uniform tunic; thanks for sharing it with us!

Br. James

Comment

I can understand your point, but IMO it's not out of line to consider a pre-July 1934 SA tunic early. Certainly early III. Reich, and early vs. a wartime tunic.
          Erich
          Festina lente!

Comment

Thanks for posting. It's a beautiful tunic. You should be proud of it. I would be happy to own one just like it. Just because it's not from to first ever meeting of the SA you should still be happy with it.

Comment

Tunic

Who's the jackass who stripped this tunic, is what I'd like to know. Assuming those are original collar tab thread remnants, you need a nice set of Thuringen collar tabs and shoulderboard. Finding an original junior officer's set of Thuringen collar tabs and shoulderboard would be EXTREMELY difficult, so I'd look for an enlisted set. The appropriate officer's set would consist of apple-green collar tabs with either 3 pips, 3 pips and 1 litze, or 3 pips and 2 litzen. Pips would be silver. Litzen would be white with a red stripe. The collar tabs would also have red/white piping. The shoulderboard would consist of 4 twisted silver cords with an apple-green wool underlay. ENLISTED: Apple-green tabs, silver pips (if any). Litzen would be white with red stripe. Shoulderboard would consist of red/white twist cord piping with an apple-green wool underlay. Shoulderboard button also silver. You probably already know, but I've enclosed an example of the correct color of tabs you need.
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks a lot.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X