Originaler Reichsadler aus der Reichshauptstadt Berlin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originaler Reichsadler aus der Reichshauptstadt Berlin

Some of you may have seen this Eagles Head for auction a few days ago In Germany, described as:

Originaler Reichsadler aus der Reichshauptstadt Berlin! H 14 cm B 13cm T 7cm Abgesprengter Reichsadler Kopf in Bronze Blatt vergoldet.Ende der 40iger Jahre in Berlin von einer Trümmerfrau gefunden

(Original imperial eagle of the Reich capital Berlin! H 14 cm W 13cm 7cm T Abgesprengter imperial eagle head in bronze leaf vergoldet.Ende the 40's in Berlin found by a Trümmerfrau)

There were many large eagles in Berlin, but which one was this head from?
    - If indeed it is original.
    I dont know if it sold but there was fierce bidding so I am thinking people knew where it was from- but I certainly don't , can anyone enlighten us?
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Vergoldet tells me that this piece was for representing one of the highest - if not the highest - leader of the Third Reich. So probably from an official building serving the purposes of Hitler or Göring.

How about one of the eagles outside the Reichsluftfahrtministerium placed on top of the pillars of the entrance door?

Comment

i would be very interested in knowing what this ultimately sold for

Comment

Vergoldet tells me that this piece was for representing one of the highest - if not the highest - leader of the Third Reich. So probably from an official building serving the purposes of Hitler or Göring.
          How about one of the eagles outside the Reichsluftfahrtministerium placed on top of the pillars of the entrance door? - Thorsten B
          I agree it could be one of the Luftwaffe Eagles on the Pillars, looking at period photos, they do seem alike. I dont think there is an issue with originality - when comparing the photos to an eagle the same size, like the Deutsche Hof Reichs Adler previously posted - there are features with the eyes and the mouth that are very similar.
          Attached Files

Comment

i would be very interested in knowing what this ultimately sold for ... TxGauleiter
            Hi TxGauleiter, The seller says it sold for 565 Euro and he was told that it was made by Walter Lemcke and was from from the Ministry of Aviation office in Berlin.__________________ I have no idea if he is right or not, all I know is that it is unfortunately NOT from the German Reichs Chancellery- (otherwise I think that myself or a few others from this Forum I know would have bought it for sure). I hope the new owner shows it here as I would be interested to see how he displays it....
            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X