Party Watch Fob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Party Watch Fob

First one of this type I have encountered. Thin German silver bar that would pass over a ribbon of a watch fob with nice party style enamel disc to front. Measures 20mm across the diameter of the badge.
    Attached Files

Ha! - There is always something new to learn about. Great find!

Comment

It's a new one on me, too, Ron! Never seen such a thing before! Thanks for sharing it.

Br. James

Comment

That go's for me too. Never seen one before !

Comment

First time I see this. Looks nice and early.

Regards, Wim
          Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Fob

How is such an insignia attached to the fob? Is the red background enamel or is it painted? No offense, but the "D" and "P" at the bottom look like they were made by a 3rd grader, and the decorative border on the silver bar looks like it was done in a craft's class. The white enamel looks like it could be period-made, and the piece could be completely period, but if so, it was home-made, IMO.

Comment

Fob

I may have been hasty in my assessment, as I now see that the piece is hollow, for the ribbon to pass through. (I'm NOT a hater.) The way it's constructed leads me to believe more in it's authenticity. With the preponderence of Party badges, it's unlikely that the swastika rondel was made specifically for the fob, IMO. It's more likely that a standard party badge would have been used. It would likely have been illegal to sell such an item after 1933 without license, so I'm still leaning toward home-made. No biggie as long as it's period-done, although we all know home-made items are often impossible to authenticate. I still don't like the sloppy letters at the bottom, and I'm not keen on the red enamel, either, but the white enamel has the impurities you expect on period enamel. so I vote for period-made...probably early.

Comment

Definitely not home made and enamel is quality, but I am sure made between 1929 and 1934 before the RZM and standardization. I have had several watch fob pieces from the 1930s and the construction is from that time frame and backer appears to be German silver.

Comment

Nice--looks like Alpacca. I've had a few different early NSDAP supporters' fobs in the past and have seen several like this in the past. They usually had a Black/White/Red ribbon that was doubled with silver wire-wrapped edges. They also were made with a political eagle, Heil Hitler wording, etc. as match holders, match box covers, cigarette cases, and small, pocket-sized writing tablet covers. As noted, this sort of thing would have been phased out by 1935 as NS Kitsch.
                  Erich
                  Festina lente!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X