X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSDAP Eagle

Hello all,

What do you think of this eagle?

Sorry if this is the wrong section, didn't know where to place this item...

It is carved from wood, but don't know if it is real Third Reich era, or post-war made as decorative piece... Have you seen similar eagles?
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Well, it looks being professionally made and tempting.
      Nonetheless if a period original or not is hard to say - aren´t there pics available showing the piece - and it´s carved details - in bright daylight?

Comment

Great looking eagle ...would be nice if i were artist signed ,etc ...have seen some imported carved eagles .MADE IN MEXICO ... EC

Comment

I asked for more/clearer pictures and if he knows who the artists was

Also, if people have more information about similar eagles, I would be thankful.

It doesn't look like a reproduction to me because of its high detail. But just wanted to know if anyone knows more about it?
          Last edited by ww2boy; 06-04-2014, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Moderator can you please enable post editing? I need to remove some pictures.

Comment

Take a peek here: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ht=wall+eagles

You'll find some eagles.

Love yours!!

Comment

I'm with Rick on this one but Thorsten is spot on asking for better photos in natural light ,also check out this recent Carved Timber Eagle thread on the Flag forum:
                http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ved+wood+eagle

Comment

Carved eagles are a minefield as they come in all sorts and sometimes as a one-off piece. Details can also be replicated easily with an expert crafter / woodworker and the same for artificial ageing / wearing of surfaces. If possible, just go for a standard textbook metal desk piece.

Mil

Comment

Hi ww2boy,

Welcome among us! The eagle you present is certainly a handsome piece -- it would look great in my library! But the advice you've already received is solid and should be carefully considered. Personally, without any provenance for this piece, I would only consider it as a 'decorator' and would expect the price to be correspondingly low. 'Decorators' are constantly turned out these days and some of them are really beautiful...but not original to the period. Eagles carved from wood are quite difficult to authenticate, given that they are usually one-of-a-kind creations. Metal eagles, on the other hand, can possess some genealogy since they often have a foundry mark, an RZM license code or a known sculptor's name located somewhere on the piece. Hand-carved pieces are attractive, but they often do not speak of a history that can be independently established.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Br. James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X