• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSKK crash helmet with a Political Leaders gorget eagle

Hi
    Please look at the NSKK crash helmet listed on e stand
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=741964
    This is not a NSKK eagle Ive ever seen, looks like a Political Leaders gorget eagle.
    Regards
    Frank

Originally posted by Phronsias View Post
    Hi
    Please look at the NSKK crash helmet listed on e stand
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=741964
    This is not a NSKK eagle Ive ever seen, looks like a Political Leaders gorget eagle.
    Regards
    Frank
    Your right it is a PL Gorget eagle -

Comment

Yes, a PL eagle - the one on the helmet seems to be cast and not stamped (which it should be).

Mil

Comment

I am not suprised to see it does not have a RZM tag. Likely and old motorcycle helmet with a fake eagle attached.

Comment

Helmet

I think it's an original Motor SA or NSKK helmet with a replaced eagle. I can't comment on that eagle other than that it's highly unusual. The 2nd pattern NSKK eagle had straight wings, and an NSKK wreath. The inside of the helmet is virtually identical to my 1st-pattern helmet on the inside, with the exception of the rivets and extra stitching on the ear flaps. NOTE: It looks like there was previously a washer behind the one set of the inside prongs, suggesting there was maybe a different and proper eagle. Also someone obviously cut the lining away - it should look like a WWII German army helmet lining with a draw string. IMO - original NSKK helmet with replaced eagle. pS: I don't know why the other set of prongs doesn't appear to have had a washer, though. ??

Comment

Helmet

BTW, those eagle attachment prongs don't look right either. Original 1st pattern eagles had long, skinny, flat brass prongs.

Comment

they are a lot of fakes NSKK helmet on e bay UK for this moment
              very nicely aged and sold around 80 pounds
              maybe i make a mistake,but they look very similar to this one,and by the way,never seen that type of eagle
              you have the round one on first model,and a more square one on second model,but the way this one has his wings is unknown from me.

Comment

Originally posted by sgstandard View Post
                I think it's an original Motor SA or NSKK helmet with a replaced eagle. I can't comment on that eagle other than that it's highly unusual. The 2nd pattern NSKK eagle had straight wings, and an NSKK wreath. The inside of the helmet is virtually identical to my 1st-pattern helmet on the inside, with the exception of the rivets and extra stitching on the ear flaps. NOTE: It looks like there was previously a washer behind the one set of the inside prongs, suggesting there was maybe a different and proper eagle. Also someone obviously cut the lining away - it should look like a WWII German army helmet lining with a draw string. IMO - original NSKK helmet with replaced eagle. pS: I don't know why the other set of prongs doesn't appear to have had a washer, though. ??
                I agree, early NSKK sturzhelm with a replaced bird. At what point it was replaced, who knows. Hard to tell.. Johnno.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                X