VirtualGrenadier

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLITICAL / LADIES NAZI PATRIOTIC RING...EARLY 30's??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

POLITICAL / LADIES NAZI PATRIOTIC RING...EARLY 30's??

JUST found this at a little local shop...apparently brought in by a woman who's cleaning house (there were a few US pieces, as well as some '39 worlds fair items also). From what I can gather, (due to its size AND design), I'm assuming this is one that was meant for wear by a lady to display her patriotic zeal. No markings I can find, but appears to be silver (most likely 800 coin or perhaps .835)
    Either way, very neat art deco design, as well as the eagle w/ oval shield and horizontal swastika on the breast. Anyone else seen one like it? A quick snap below...
    Attached Files

I am into rings. I've never seen a ring like this. Cannot imagine this could be a repro. Too obsure, but really neat. How about some more pictures?

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Hi Gary. Thanks for commenting. No, I'm about as sure as I can be that it's a period piece, as the source was an older woman cleaning out some old jewelry, and trinkets from her house. This, as well as some other WWII vintage smalls, and '39 worlds fair items were brought into a friends shop, and I got them from her. I can put up some more photos tomorrow. The patina is untouched, uncleaned, and the details to the eagle and the band motif is quite crisp. The camera flash washed it out somewhat, but in hand it's quite nice. I personally think it's a nice, early 30's piece of patriotic TR jewelry. It's quite small, and just barely fits my pinky. By its size alone, I have to assume it was intended for wear by a woman.

Comment

Is the ring from the All Russian Fascist Organisation based in Thompson Connecticut. leader Anastasy Vonsyatsky.had links to the German American Bund.

Comment

Thank you for that information Theodore. Can you provide some further information connecting this ring to that particular organization?? (another example w/ some provenance, or perhaps a link to their particular insignia, etc?) I'd love to have some precedent for this piece. Thank you again for the information.

Comment

Can anyone else provide any information linking this ring to the "All Russian Fascist" group mentioned above? As yet, I can find nothing out there that ties this particular piece in w/ that organization. I'm inclined to think it's just a TR "patriotic" piece unless I can nail down some specific provenance otherwise. Thank you.

Comment

Never seen that before - interesting ring.

Eagle does not look really that much of german descent but reminds me on russian style eagle.

Comment

Thanks for commenting Thorsten. Lacking any other precedent connecting it to any specific group or organization, I'm going w/ my original presumption that it's another variety of commercially available patriotic type rings. It IS a unique and quite attractive design, in my humble opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                  Never seen that before - interesting ring.

Eagle does not look really that much of german descent but reminds me on russian style eagle.
                  I've never seen that before either ! Tom

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X