Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSFK Cloth Insignia

Hi Guys

I recently managed to purchase a NSFK Cloth Insignia (brown) – I’ve done Internet and Forum searches, but still looking for more information.
    The Insignia came in 2 colors, brown and blue-grey. What was the difference relating to the wearing of each color? NSFK uniforms and flight coveralls?

My thanks to the following members (quoted below) – some info found browsing WAF threads:
    (Bob Coleman) Icarus, the symbol for the NSFK was worn as an Insignia above the right breast pocket until the outbreak of war. It was then shifted to the right sleeve…
    (rlimike) comparison photo (cropped by me)

Kind Regards, Ian
    Attached Files

my brown NSFK Cloth Insignia + my group photo (cropped)

- still looking for info regarding the wearing of brown + blue-grey cloth Insignia

KR, Ian
    Attached Files

Comment

I too, would like to learn more about these. Mine's a bit different from your's Ian in that it has some raised hand embroidery in various colors of rayon thread. It's got a wingspan of over 4-1/2 inches...
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Rick C View Post
        I too, would like to learn more about these. Mine's a bit different from your's Ian in that it has some raised hand embroidery in various colors of rayon thread. It's got a wingspan of over 4-1/2 inches...
        Rick, the one you posted looks like Frankenstein with Popeyes arms. Here is one that looks like super mario ►http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...highlight=NSFK
        Last edited by rlimike; 03-23-2014, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
        X