Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sign Question

This may be the wrong place but:

I have been offered a sign from a Nazi Court building it is a white and black porcelain sign with an eagle holding a wreath with a Swastika and the words in a german script : Amt Des Gcheidsmanns.

I understand it is the same as a municipal court. The back is a black porcelain. He wants to trade me even for an item I own. What would the retail and wholesale value be on this.

If this is the wrong place where?

Can you show a picture. Normally such plaque has the size of 35.0 x 25.0 cm or 40.0/40.5 x 30.0 cm. White background and edged in black. The eagle can be the Prussian form with sword and swastika upon the breast or the state eagle (not the political form). Occasionally it is being marked at the lower right of the plaque.

Amt des Schiedsmanns or Amt des Schiesmannes is the office for an arbitrator. Such a person was confirmed by a Judicial authority (Justizbehörden). It was his duty to settle or arrange extrajudicial (even privately) settlements by agreement from private civil claims and judicial disputes.

I am not into collecting, so about prices I do not know about!

Comment

Here are th photos
      Attached Files

Comment

Is it vaulted?

Comment

No it dosent appear to be vaulted? Do you have a value?

Comment

Maybe yours is not real?
            I have one the same i paid $20 as a wall hanger, they have been faking enamel signs for some time, better pics would be needed.
            Regards,
            Gary

Comment

Here it is for the record, my $20 wall hanger, not vaulted, slight bend/curve to it with a smooth black back finish, letter spacing seem the same, just my opinion of course.
              Regards,
              Gary
              Attached Files

Comment

What do you mean about vaulted? The back of this one is black porcelain as well.

Comment

Ncb, is there any writing ,numbers on back of sign?EC

Comment

Vaulted, is hard to explain, almost bubble shaped?. like a shallow bowl?
                    Should have a stamp like on my NSV Sign here:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=721025

Hope this helps.
                    Regards,
                    Gary

Comment

Plaques like the Amt des Schiedsmanns did not have an RZM stamp, as the plaque is not political, but state. Not even all political plaques did have such stamp.

Comment

Thanks Wilhelm, i was not sure, now confirmed
                        What do you think of the sign compared to mine?, i know mine is bad, the guy i bought it from makes them, and sells as repros.
                        Any other way to describe vaulted?, i know mine was vague.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                        X