Gold Party Badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gold Party Badge

Hey all being offered this badge. Front pic is not good. But the reverse pic is good. Unsure of whats a good price. Also it looks like the clasp has been modified. Any opinions? Also what would be a good price. Sorry about the front pic, it was the best my phone took.
    Attached Files

reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

Gpb

Looks like a good Deschler from those weak pics. You can snag one from dealers for about $1500-1700 but that would be with original hardware. This one being modified with a ding or two to the enamel would probably come a little less, more so if buying from a fellow collector.
      Pricing is always a bit subjective but the above should give you an idea. I would still insist on seeing sharper pics though- it should help determine condition and of course originality.

cheers

Matt

Comment

what he said, and...

......also depends on who this was awarded to. I'm sensing fish swimming close by...hahah hey john.

Comment

Wow I didnt know good ones are that high. I saw it in person and it looks good. I know items like this are faked though. Unfortunately my cell phone didnt take very good pictures. I will try to get it tommorow and post better pics. Thanks Matt

Comment

Easily identifiable as original from what you have. Replaced pin doesn't affect price - actually makes it more interesting. Small ding to white enamel will knock a small bit off price, but not much. The price quoted is in the range for an unattributed large badge.

Comment

love the adapted pin!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Fish View Post
                love the adapted pin!
                I couldn't agree more. The owner clearly didn't like the standard silly safety pin!
                Kind regards,
                Giel

Check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Giels-Milit...5292741243193/

Comment

I agree with sjl: a good piece with a very nice pin replacement. Such replacements speak to the importance of this piece as it was regularly worn on someone's uniform. This badge originally came with a safety pin and plate, the removal of the base of which is clearly visible, or perhaps the pin plate broke free of its own accord? I also agree with the price spread, but this assumes that this badge has not been attributed to any particular NSDAP Member. If it has been attributed, then the value (and usually the price, too) goes up significantly, and if the original holder of this badge was someone of particular historic note, then the sky's the limit...almost!

Cheers, my friend,

Br. James

Comment

Not on my list. Good price is a cheap as you can get it.

Comment

Another vote here for liking the jeweler modified attachment and IMO doesn't effect it's value and It's proof that the badge was no drawer queen.

Comment

Thanks a lot everyone. I am very glad I posted here, I almost passed because I thought $400 was lot for this piece. I bought it today along with an rzm SS dagger which I will post for review in a few minutes. SO concerning this badge, does anyone know who I can contact to possibly find out who the owner was? Glad to be a member here!!!!
                        Attached Files

Comment

400 is a steal for this badge and you might want to try McDivitt to see if he has a hit on it.

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
                            400 is a steal for this badge and you might want to try McDivitt to see if he has a hit on it.
                            Is he a member here?
                            Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by dasboot2011 View Post
                              Is he a member here?
                              Thanks
                              Not sure but here is his website: http://www.militariaresearch.com/index.htm

cheers
                              Matt

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X