Das Schwartz Korps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Das Schwartz Korps

Can anyone tell me what a bound 1938 year of Das Schwartz Corps Magazine is worth? The paper is yellowed and some pages are brittle, but appears complete. I have never ran into one before and am at a loss as to what to offer.

Originally posted by Ron Weinand View Post
    Can anyone tell me what a bound 1938 year of Das Schwartz Corps Magazine is worth? The paper is yellowed and some pages are brittle, but appears complete. I have never ran into one before and am at a loss as to what to offer.
    Ron , is it a complete set? I have seen single issues sell for about 70usd and complete sets for upwards of 600 and up...hope this helps.

Comment

Was the S.K. a weekly (like the SA Mann)? That would be 52 or so issues, so even at $20.00 each, which would be cheap for an individual price, you'd be talking over 1000.00.
      Erich
      Festina lente!

Comment

I seem to recall someone offering 3 volumes on the estand at one time for three different years. One was incomplete and it was the only one he ever marked as sold. I think he was asking for over $1000 each. I think this is a weekly so the binder should contain 52 issues. Is the binder an official looking binder for the SK or does it look like a private, generic binding job? That would have an impact on value as well.
        Richard V

Comment

This is Third Reich bound in a large black book cover and it is 52 issues. Big and heavy.

Comment

I've had and sold individual issues over the years and from what I know a years bound book as you describe would easily be in the $1000 range.
            Jim

Comment

Can you post a photo of the binding? Condition of the interior would have a great determination as to value. The ones offered on the estand were all in superb condition.
              Richard V

Comment

Hi,

I believe that condition is of paramount importance here.
                I have never personally seen an edition of "Das Schwartz Korps", but they sell very well on the market!
                Bound editions must have a premium price, as 52 weekly publications were in a binder.
                Earlier pre-war issues may be sold for slightly cheaper prices perhaps, but issues during the war will command higher prices!
                I am in need of a particular issue published in 1943, but I doubt if I will ever be able to source the copy I require.
                Although the SS were notorious for their anti-semetic "beliefs" during this period, the magazine itself was usually pretty pedestrian in it's editorials and articles.

Best wishes,

John.

Comment

The paper is high sulfur content and yellows and becomes ragged. Rare, but not for sustained and repeated use.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Weinand View Post
                    The paper is high sulfur content and yellows and becomes ragged. Rare, but not for sustained and repeated use.
                    Any article in these issues dealing about SS cultural items will sell quite well.

Even copies.

Comment

I got around 2002 such a bound edition original in the black binder.
                      Sold or traded it for around 1000 Euro.

I assume it will be normal priced around 2k USD today or even more.
                      Nice single editions for for around 100 or more, pending which it is.
                      Also pending on the collector request and their price view.

But the original bound year edition is quite hard to find, as long its the original bound cover.
                      Just check where one is offered, I don´t know.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X