Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA Bergabzeichen

Hello,

I Need some help for identifying a friends Edelweiß patch.
    It is made from Brown wool with a green border.
    I think it is a SA-Bergabzeichen, but I'm not sure. I did not come to a result with all kind of Google searches also. Some information on the net are very confusing. Some sources are speaking from bronze, silver and Gold grades, others are only from one grade.
    I know, two identical patches were at auction by Hermann Historica in Munich the last ten years. They were also termed as "SA Bergabzeichen".

Has anyone further informations about the SA-Bergabzeichen or can say for sure what the Brown Edelweiß patch is?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
    Andreas

First two Pictures are my friends patch.
    Attached Files

The two patches from HH auction, offered as SA-Bergabzeichen
    Attached Files

Comment

A Übungsbuch for the SA-Bergabzeichen, once offered from Weitze. The Edelweiß on the front Looks very similar.
      And a newspaper article from december 1942 about the introduction of the SA-Bergabzeichen.
      Attached Files

Comment

It certainly looks like an SA Bergabzeichen to me!
        Erich
        Festina lente!

Comment

Erich, thank you for your answer. Do you know if other grades exist? I read about bronze/silver/gold, so is the border of the other badges White and yellow, or is this bogus?
          Is there a Picture or a Color plate or anything from TR era known who Shows a SA-Bergabzeichen?

Best regards,
          Andreas

Comment

I don't know whether there were additional classes contemplated and can't remember if the booklet had spaces for additional classes. I do know that these are extremely difficult to find and the few I've come across have had the green border. It's not pictured in the 1943 Organisationbuch and I can't think of any later period color uniform/insignia guides. The small article you pictured is likely from Uniformenmarkt, which would be the next place to look. There would have been a Herstellungenvorschrift but that would have been sent only to the companies that could produce and were licensed by the RZM to produce the machine embroidered insignia.
            Erich
            Last edited by Erich B.; 01-16-2014, 11:15 AM.
            Festina lente!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
            X