Large dish plated Gebr. Hepp - the political leaders of the NSDAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Large dish plated Gebr. Hepp - the political leaders of the NSDAP

Please opinions on this dish. Eagle is stamped with a die (not engraved). Silver plating is all over the dish - also on the lines of the figure of an eagle. The drawing is not made ​​from metal plating. Dimensions: 58 cm x 35 cm.

[size=8]Zobacz całą galerię | [url=http://www.aukcjoner.pl/galerie-allegro/]

IMO....
    Old european "turkey platter" with added eagle stamp/engraving.... UNLESS your Grandfather brought this home and you have pictures to prove it.... I wouldn't pay over scrap value!

I've seen lots of AH & RK Silver platters and the like.... the eagle is NOTHING like the quality of those.... (a poor attempt IMO).

Just too easy to take old silver and embellish it with engravings, stampings, emboissing or embelishments.... and "sell" them for top dollar...(or even better- put them in a auction!)

See what the others have to say....but based on my 55 years of collecting experiance... I wouldn't buy it (unless someone proves me wrong!)
    John G.
    Mainemilitaria

Comment

Surely agree with John G. here... a poor attempt compared to
      accepted originals.

Comment

Originally posted by Thälmannpionier View Post
        Surely agree with John G. here... a poor attempt compared to
        accepted originals.
        Hi, I can give links to images of the originals?

Comment

Originally posted by grygierek2 View Post
          Hi, I can give links to images of the originals?
          There are all kinds of examples here and on other forums with examples of original AH and RK silver.... it's really your job to search if you don't want to accept "our" opinion..... many high end dealer also have plenty of good (and bad) stuff to compare...

I'm not saying it's trying to be AH/RK....but the eagle is of that "general form"...however, the eagle is a poor attempt IMO.....at best, this might be a low level embassy dinning hall platter and of "token value" (plated?)... and without solid provenance I wouldn't believe it or give it shelf space.

Best I can do for you.... I'd save my money.
          John G.
          Last edited by Mainemilitaria; 01-13-2014, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X