S.A Wall Eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S.A Wall Eagle

Hello All, Just in is this textbook original SA wall eagle in bronze by the maker RZM M3/120 Anton Henn. While this bird maybe one of the more commonly encountered SA wall eagles, this one is in remarkably good condition compared to the others with almost all of its original paint still intact. The other eagle is also maker marked (DEP) and dated to 1932 and is a heavily art-deco stylized example- this particular design is also often seen as a desk piece, many thanks have to go to fellow WAF member Wilhelm Saris for identifying Anton Henn (Neustiftgasse 94, Wien VII) as the manufacturer of the SA eagle (and of course John T). Best Regards, Michael
    Attached Files

Dep-32
    Attached Files

Comment

I've seen numerous examples of the 2nd eagle, but have never seen the first one. It's not specifically an SA eagle, but for an earlyish party eagle it's a beauty!
      Erich
      Festina lente!

Comment

Hi Erich B,
        Thank-you for the clarification, I have seen only a very worn example of this eagle before, when this one turned up with most of it's tan/ brown paint intact, I immediately assumed it was S.A, but you are right, the color makes perfect sense for a political eagle as well,
        Best Regards,
        Michael
        Attached Files

Comment

nice birds micheal ! just wondering ,what is size,weight ,and attachment points on first eagle? EC

Comment

These are interesting pieces but I would prefer to stick to textbook Nuremberg styled pieces. Maybe its just me.

Mil

Comment

nice birds micheal ! just wondering ,what is size,weight ,and attachment points on first eagle? EC
              Hi mrec27777, These birds are standard wall eagle size- see attached photo (cropped out of respect for owner), 12-14 inches wide, - weight, i have no idea, no accurate scales but they weigh about the same as each other. The first eagles attachment point is a large metric tapped hole in the centre but it also has cast lugs on each side wing like a rail eagle but these have been cut off flush so a thread could be tapped into them also if required. It appears to me that this eagle was never meant to be "free hung" but was made to be mounted onto a black painted wooden backing plaque like so many others we see. The second eagle has the standard cast hanging point centre of the bird but nothing for a fold out stand. See photo,

Best Regards,
              Michael
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi mrec27777,

To give a better perspective of size, I show a photo of the two birds back-to-back and with a standard size 15inch ReichPost Bus eagle and the standard size lufty eagle on wooden backing plaque.

Best Regards,
                Michael
                Attached Files

Comment

MICHEAL, thanks for taking time to answer my questions ,and post pics ...your info is greatly appreciated .....and again ,nice BIRDS !!! EC

Comment

Nice birds, Michael. Please do post more of your desk pieces.

Mil

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                    X