• Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSKK cap badge original or fake ?

feel free to give your advice !

Regards

Treasurer
    Attached Files

I don't like this piece; the workmanship and sharpness of detail are poor and the lack of RZM coding sends up lots of red flags for me. I wouldn't want this piece for my collection.

Br. James

Comment

Unusual solid back construction, no RZM markings, poor detail on the obverse (especially in the wreath area) .... I'd pass.
      MP

Comment

thanks for advices ! i'll post more pics of other items of my collection. I need to identify lots of badges, awards etc etc because i inherited a collection.

Regards

Treasurer

Comment

Badge

The NSKK cap badge should be similar in construction to the early SA cap badge, i.e., stamped out by a press, with the back being hollow. Example shown..... Note tiny RZM logo in the crook of the wing.
          Attached Files

Comment

Badge

Sorry......the prong is in the way. I'm pretty sure the NSKK badge should be similar construction.

Comment

Couple of NSKK...

Attached Files
              RonR

Comment

---
                Attached Files
                RonR

Comment

===
                  Attached Files
                  RonR

Comment

Birds

VERY nice!!

Comment

Hi Treasurer

I agree with the others. These birds are usually hollow stamped and with better detail than the specimen you show and the proportions (for a cap eagle) are also different . I've attached a pict of the front of a first a second pattern NSKK eagle.

JC
                      Attached Files

Comment

You own very nice NSKK cap badges ! nothing compared with mine, sure. But even if my badge is poorly constructed, i'm under the impression that it's an original, just by looking at the metal used. Can someone tell me wich metal it could be made with ?

Treasurer

Comment

The NSKK insignia from post 1 is a poor fake. It lacks all detail and above all German quality!

Comment

Nskk

Yes, Not too keen on the first cap eagle. Ron, love that gold cap eagle in post#9. I believe that's for NSKK motor boat units. Please post that one on our " NSKK Collector's Show your Stuff" thread. Gilt insignia for NSKK motor boat units is pretty scarce.

Regards, Mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                            X