nürnberg reichsparteitag patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nürnberg reichsparteitag patch

I found this patch, print on canvas. I think it is from time ww2.
    What do you think?
    Attached Files

It's fine and a lot of these were attached to pennants etc.

Comment

Technically speaking it is most likely pre WW2. Nurnberg was given this 'honorary title' sometime in 1933/34 unofficially and officially in 1936. Also that is when they turned a simple gathering of the 'faithful' into an industry of its own producing anything from funnels to pencils.
      cheers
      Matt
      Last edited by Matthew; 01-07-2014, 12:20 PM. Reason: correcting mistake

Comment

Patch

Did they have a "Reichsparteitag" prior to the Nazis?

Comment

Originally posted by sgstandard View Post
          You mean before they came to power in 1933? The answer would be yes.

Comment

Originally posted by sgstandard View Post
            I think Matt just dodged your question, before they came to power.... Yes

Before the Nazi's....No.

Comment

Originally posted by J. Wraith View Post
              I think Matt just dodged your question, before they came to power.... Yes

Before the Nazi's....No.

Not quite. Deutschen Zentrumspartei was known to host Reichsparteitage in the 1920's in Berlin. And that's just one example.

Comment

Here is an embroidered patch on a pennant that i have.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew View Post
                  Not quite. Deutschen Zentrumspartei was known to host Reichsparteitage in the 1920's in Berlin. And that's just one example.
                  So it was those dam Catholics that are responsable for the funnels and pencils!. I think not and they appear early in Munich.

Comment

Originally posted by J. Wraith View Post
                    So it was those dam Catholics that are responsable for the funnels and pencils!. I think not and they appear early in Munich.

Translation?

Comment

Translation?
                      The rally's are early in Munich, Catholics in Berlin matter little in the pencil and funnel argument. Its the Nazi party and without Nazi's no funnels or pencils for you!. ;@)

Comment

If those funnels and pencils are Reichsparteitag souvenirs then by the same token a person who hails from Salzgitter (aka Hermann Goring-Stadt) must be Hermann Goering, anyone from Neumarkt in der Oberfalz (Dietrich Eckart Stadt) should be considered Dietrich Eckart and anyone from Berlin-Friedrichshain (Horst-Wessel-Stadt) is Horst Wessel.
                        Not to mention any person from Stuttgart (Stadt der Auslandsdeutchen) must be a German Abroad, anyone from Munich (Hauptstadt Der Deutschen Kunst) is an artist, anyone from Leipzig (Stadt Des Deutschen Handels) is a businessman, anyone from Landsberg am Lech (Stadt Der Jugend) must be pretty young, anyone from Goslar (Reichsbauernstadt) is a farmer, someone from Chemnitz (Hauptstadt Der Deutschen Industrie) must work in a factory while anyone from Frankfurt (Stadt Des Deutschen Handwerks) is a tradesman.

But the truth is- they are not.

Comment

...//

Comment

If those funnels and pencils are Reichsparteitag souvenirs then by the same token a person who hails from Salzgitter (aka Hermann Goring-Stadt) must be Hermann Goering, anyone from Neumarkt in der Oberfalz (Dietrich Eckart Stadt) should be considered Dietrich Eckart and anyone from Berlin-Friedrichshain (Horst-Wessel-Stadt) is Horst Wessel.
                            Not to mention any person from Stuttgart (Stadt der Auslandsdeutchen) must be a German Abroad, anyone from Munich (Hauptstadt Der Deutschen Kunst) is an artist, anyone from Leipzig (Stadt Des Deutschen Handels) is a businessman, anyone from Landsberg am Lech (Stadt Der Jugend) must be pretty young, anyone from Goslar (Reichsbauernstadt) is a farmer, someone from Chemnitz (Hauptstadt Der Deutschen Industrie) must work in a factory while anyone from Frankfurt (Stadt Des Deutschen Handwerks) is a tradesman.

But the truth is- they are not.
                            No Nazi's, no Reichsparteitag.... No soup for you!.

Comment

Heres my patch, maybe removed from a pennant
                              came with some other TR cloth

Mike
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X