SA wehrmannschaften within the Volkssturm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are right William...

Big mistake,Im sorry... One quick look at the caps and I thought these were Italien...

Great stuff thank you for sharing your great insights..

Comment

PeterPaul: we all can make mistakes. No problem!

In volume 3 from "Headgear of Hitler's Germany" a small section is dedicated to the SA-Wehrmannschaften (pages 516 through 521). When I would have written the book these days it would have been easily ten more pages, as since 1998 much new information and material showed up (from collectors, as well as archives). The Internet was of great help also!

Pascal: isn't there an RZM-tag (olive colored) on the inside of the tunics you show? (when I still id collect both my tunics had one). The types you show are as for SA-W, but more tending to olive color and no so brown (or is this caused by photographing)!
      Last edited by wilhelm Saris; 01-08-2014, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Here with the 1943 OB pic.
        Attached Files
        Straßburger / When in doubt do without...
        - Looking for : SS TK «Oberbayern» flatwire CT.

Comment

Originally posted by wilhelm Saris View Post
          Pascal: isn't there an RZM-tag (olive colored) on the inside of the tunics you show? (when I still id collect both my tunics had one). The types you show are as for SA-W, but more tending to olive color and no so brown (or is this caused by photographing)!
          Hi Wim
          of course there is :

I Have 3 SA-Wehrmann tunics

2 woolen : an early one - only with shoulder board and IMO late war made tunic a little bit browner (only with the "Orh" collar tabs) and the cotton light weight tunic.

Below the tags of te " late war" and the light weight tunics.

And yes think it's also caused by photographing... no natural light...
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Pascal Bernhard; 01-08-2014, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by volkssturmmann View Post
            Does anyone know how the SA was absorbed into the Volkssturm during the final months? Is there any images too.
            And YES... IMO without any doubt !
            But sorry, unfortunately no pics where they are wearing the "Volkssturm" Armband...
            Last edited by Pascal Bernhard; 01-09-2014, 02:42 PM.

Comment

"Are you sure Wim ?
              here with guenine Italian uniforms worn in Alsace, the very very North of Italy"

Pascal: I wonder why you believed it were Italian uniforms. The tags did say what they were and so they were German. No doubt about it, as are the caps being German.

Great stuff. I really like it what you show. In the days I started collecting one could not even find such a cap. They showed up at later dates. I knew about them, as an American friend did own at least one. They are still rare. I know they are faked by using Italian great-coats for the material. From a short distance they look okay, but they are definitely faked. I thought they were made in the Netherlands.

Comment

Originally posted by Pascal Bernhard View Post
                But sorry, unfortunately no pics were they are wearing the "Volkssturm" Armband...
                I have some photos with Volksturm armband . All WS member from MArburg ad Drau 1945 .Sory for bad phot i hope you see (made photo ower glass).
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by wilhelm Saris View Post
                  "Are you sure Wim ?
                  here with guenine Italian uniforms worn in Alsace, the very very North of Italy"

Pascal: I wonder why you believed it were Italian uniforms. The tags did say what they were and so they were German. No doubt about it, as are the caps being German.

Great stuff. I really like it what you show. In the days I started collecting one could not even find such a cap. They showed up at later dates. I knew about them, as an American friend did own at least one. They are still rare. I know they are faked by using Italian great-coats for the material. From a short distance they look okay, but they are definitely faked. I thought they were made in the Netherlands.

Thanks Wim, was of course a joke ... This uniforms are German

See below, SA-WEHRMANN Headgear, all made with "olive green colored" SA Mantel Tuch III (if I remember well, or it is Mantel Tuch II ?).

Attached Files
                  Last edited by Pascal Bernhard; 01-09-2014, 07:55 AM.

Comment

and here with the scarce 1st type SA-Wehrmann cap.
                    Attached Files

Comment

front :
                      Attached Files

Comment

and 2nd type :
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by vox View Post
                          I have some photos with Volksturm armband . All WS member from MArburg ad Drau 1945 .Sory for bad phot i hope you see (made photo ower glass).
                          These are SA Wehrmannschaften?

Comment

Post 22: they are Volkssturm and do wear anyway the ranking insignia as ordered by Martin Bormann with order 318/44, from October 12, 1944, being four pips = Batallionsführer and three pips = Kompanieführer.

For the good order: two pips = Zugführer and one pip = Gruppenführer. The pips (Stern) should be from silver/white (silberfarben) color. All Volkssturm-members should wear the official, by the RFSS Himmler ordered armband: Deutscher Volkssturm - Wehrmacht. Himmel was the BdE = Befehlshaber des Ersatzheeres, according to an order from Hitler from September 25, 1944 and published in the Reichsgesetzblatt from October 20, 1944 (nr.53). He was responsible for the military organization, training, weapons and equipment.
                            Last edited by wilhelm Saris; 01-09-2014, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by vox View Post

These are SA Wehrmannschaften?

When is vox-all is 101% Wehrmannschaft
                              Attached Files

Comment

Pascal,and this tunic??
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X