• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinion about this shirt

hi , can you tell me what do you thinks about this shirt, no tag , no mark

thanks
    happy new year 2014

Shirt

I have the exact same style, pull-over brownshirt, but with SA collar tabs and collar piping. But mine has very small real shell buttons down the front, and has non-standard gold metal buttons on the chest. Look for evidence of collar tabs, or a right-side shoulder board on the shirt. Look under the pocket flap to see if there's a hole for removable buttons, like normally found on a brownshirt. Unlikely there are holes, but if there is, the buttons have been replaced. That's important, because the SA wore silver or gold buttons as far back as the 1926 regulations. No problem with the top and bottom button on a standard brownshirt being celluloid, and no problem with the 3 vertical buttons on a pull-over being celluloid, but the 2 chest buttons and the sleeve buttons would be silver or gold metal if it was SA. Also, look for evidence of an armband once being there.
    Attached Files

Comment

This style, with attached collar and breast pockets, was worn by the HJ. They're normally not marked because they had a cardboard label attached through a buttonhole that would be removed before the shirt could be worn. The buttons would normally be the 'HJ/DJ' type.
      Erich
      Festina lente!

Comment

Shirt

If the buttons are original, which they appear to be, then what organization would have worn this particular shirt? I've seen one other pull-over SA brownshirt like mine, and numerous photos of SA men, especially Motor-SA men wearing them. I'm not sure if I've seen PL wearing them, but some probably did.

Comment

Originally posted by Erich B. View Post
          This style, with attached collar and breast pockets, was worn by the HJ. They're normally not marked because they had a cardboard label attached through a buttonhole that would be removed before the shirt could be worn. The buttons would normally be the 'HJ/DJ' type.
          Erich
          I agree.. I've had the same style HJ shirt.. But not with these style buttons

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
          X